AMD Athlon 64 3000+

Hey guys I was just wondering how much can I overclick my old Athlon64. My mobo is an EPOX nForce4, I haven't overclock before and I was just wondering if it is possible to fasten it a little bit because it is very slow.

Not worth Overclocking it dude. but if you really want to What cooler do you have?

(My assumption is stock, if so don't try by this stage you'll probably just fry it)

You could get a little extra out of it but I doubt you'll notice it.

My server used to run an Athlon 3000+. It pains me to say it but man it was a useless processor. Its probably not really worth going to the 4000+ even. I would save a few bucks and get your self a new mobo/cpu/ram. It would be IDE aswell so you might just need to do a complete new system.

Sorry. :-(

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

Maan don't feel sorry I have another computer that I'm using right now. :D I just want to make the old one a multimedia PC. Yes it is with the stock cooler. I was just wondering if I can overclock it first because it is my old computer and I'm not afraid (eminem :D:D) to overclock it and second because I want to make it a bitt faster. It's really annoying to wait around 5 min boot to windows. If it is possible to OC it i might get a new cooler.