gigabyte r9 270 2gb horrific coil whine

steamgamer

so my freind is having some issues with his new 270 first he bought a 260x it worked fine as all he plays is tf2 but after 3 months his computer wouldn't boot into windows any more the pc would start but never send single to monitor, he returned the card for a replacement and as soon as it arrived it was broken no post he has the same issue as before, so he returned this card and got the 270 now this time it booted to windows and he could open chrome and some other things he noticed a buzzing sound and messaged me so, i told him its probably coil whine its cant be fixed it may even be your board that causing issues or your 500 watt psu however we tested the board with a spare 7770 from another friends computer and it booted and worked fine, we tested the psu by puting it the rig with the 7770 which also has a fx 6300 8gb ram the usual budget pc components [fx 6300, hyper 212 evo, 7770, elite 430, 8gb of kingstone value ram, 650 watt corsair builder psu and a 2tb barricuda] . does any body know a solution to this problem is it coil whine or is their a bigger issue here any help will be appreciated thanks. 

Send it back, That is what should be done, "Fixing" it would void the warranty.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

Send it back, That is what should be done, "Fixing" it would void the warranty.

alight thanks he really doesn't want to but it looks like he has to 

alight thanks he really doesn't want to but it looks like he has to 

As long as it is possible to send the part back that is the best option since if it cant be saved you get a brand new GPU and if it aint in stock anymore you may even get a better one.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer