Screw Cable, Canada

So for the last year, year and a half I have not used cable, I stream my media online. I dont have netflix or other services, right now I resort to torrent and free streaming of TV shows im interested in, and watching Youtube.

My mum is actually getting fed up with cable as well and is interested ins streaming as an option, she is not up to waiting for a buffer for a show streaming from a random website, or waiting for a torrent to download, She has looked at Netflix but does see all the shows she wants or they dont come in live.

There are a couple shows I like to watch live when they come out, I did find a couple places I can stream these shows live, and they have a Live chat so I can chat with others watching the show. This type of streaming live is great, the other stuff I watch I usually get afterwards. With what I heard of HBO offering there own streaming of there show in 2015 and what lots of people are doing today with killing cable, I would like to know what all you are doing to kill cable.

How are you streaming your shows? How are you getting movies you watch? How do you watch shows as they come out(live)(or getting the show later that day)? How do you think Netflix, Hulu, and cable will fair as people change the way they watch TV? Will cable be relivent in a few years?

Personally I hope that Cable dies out, and each channel offers a streaming API, and a monthly cost, say your provided a streamingn IP for HBO, and a Code to access that stream, you can then use VLC or XBMC to stream that. With this change no longer will I have hundreds of channels I dont watch and still included with the bundles in cable today. I think what HBO is doing will be the way almost every Channel will go as well, and I could see Netflix offering a included option to add these channels to there service and not need to have a seperate IP and code to stream these channels.

I use popcorn time when I'm anywhere with a decent down connection.

At my house I only have 1Mbps, so torrenting at night is my only option. I prefer watching entire seasons at a time. I can't be bothered to take 20-30 minutes out of EVERY day, so I torrent entire seasons and watch them over a free weekend.

I still pay for cable though, so I'm still paying for the shows, I just dont have to be a slave to their viewing times. It's kinda like a DVR without ads (ad integration needs to be a thing, especially since 10 of the 30 minutes a show is airing is commercials)

317 is watching. 317 is everywhere. 317 is life.

I don't plan on killing cable anytime soon. Cable will eventually come to their senses and charge $1 per channel so I can get the 5 channel I watch instead of having to get 85+ channels just to get the five I like. As well, I have HBO Canada for top quality TV series and good stand-up specials as well as documentaries, probably the best channel ever. I have Telus on Demand, so I can catch up on procedurals I've missed the week prior. I like watching NFL Football and Hockey. It's much more convenient to have my HDTV purely for TV and have my computer for surfing and youtube. I would add netflix on as another option and not a replacement.

i3-4170, H81 board, 8GB DDR3, Crucial M4, GTX 770, Xigmatek Vangaurd Case, Creative Titanium X-fi, Razer Carcharias, 500w PSU, 24" VA panel and a 42" IPS. Thinking about getting a plant.