G3258 build... sort of...

Hey there... With Christmas less than 2 months away, It's time to finalize my plans... Budget is approximately 12000PhP (target savings)...

Assume the exchange rate of 50PhP = 1USD for margin of error...

I've heard so many good things about the G3258 that I'm actually wanting to get one even though I'm having problems with my Pentium P6100 laptop (it sort of burns my thighs with a nasty tendency of blowing out up to 60C air from the exhaust all while performing horribly)... I know that these are not comparable, but Pentium is a budget-oriented brand...

For now, here's what I'm thinking:

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 (~4000 PhP)

Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC Mate (~5000 PhP) or recommend me something Z97/H97 (something cheap-ish that can get the G3258 to 4.0GHz stable)

RAM: Single stick HyperX Fury 8GB 1600MHz (~2000 PhP) (this is the first to be cut if I miss the 12000PhP target by a small margin I have a 4GB Kingston ValueRAM that I can take out of my current build)

Cooler: DeepCool Lucifer (~2000PhP) or Gammaxx S40 (on hand)

GPU: Sapphire R7 260X OC 2xDVI (on hand)

PSU: FSP Hexa 600W (on hand)

Case: Aerocool PGS V3 (on hand)

Storage: 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 500GB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Green External (everything on hand)

If I miss the budget by more than 4000PhP, I'll drop the build and grab a Superlux HD660 and a Fiio amp (or DIY my own so that I can have a headphone amp/preamp with an A-B output selector)...

I'm currently considering this for the motherboard but I'm not sure if it can handle the overclock...

P.S. I won't be using PCPartpicker or any other online service since international prices are not reflected that well locally... i.e. an A8-5600k can sell for up to 14000PhP (more than double the international price)...

Thanks in advance...

There was a post with G3258 overclocks on B85 or H81 chipsets. http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2389948

You can safe a lot of money by going with a cheaper chipset.

I'm sort of worried about VRM temps in the summer which is why I'm looking at Z97 where most boards have heatsinks...

The PC will sit in a non-airconditioned room with ambients reaching 41C at its highest and in-case temperatures reaching a conservative 43C...

I'm sort of worried about VRM temps in the summer which is why I'm looking at Z97 where most boards have heatsinks...

The PC will sit in a non-airconditioned room with ambients reaching 41C at its highest and in-case temperatures reaching a conservative 43C...

not trying to be offending you but do you work in a factory or something? or do you happen to live on the edge of the desert?

on the topic of your build, maybe you should put some money into a bunch of fans? (maybe 5) Then place your computer at the coolest possible spot in the room and have 3 fans pushing air in and 2 pulling out?

I guess you are probably more experienced than me about this though, ( judging by the amount of posts you ) so thats just my opinion, leave it or take it I guess

| --- My Stuff --- |

Computer: Apple Late-2008 Macbook Pro ; -Haguro- build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/296613-wip-project-haguro-x99-hackintosh-workstation/|

Mobile Devices: Apple 32GB 1st gen Ipad Mini ; Apple 16GB Iphone 5s ; Apple Ipod Classic 80Gb 5th Gen ; Apple Ipod Classic 120Gb 6th Gen ; Apple Ipod Classic 160Gb 7th Gen ; Apple Ipod Nano 16Gb 6th Gen 

not trying to be offending you but do you work in a factory or something? or do you happen to live on the edge of the desert?

on the topic of your build, maybe you should put some money into a bunch of fans? (maybe 5) Then place your computer at the coolest possible spot in the room and have 3 fans pushing air in and 2 pulling out?

I guess you are probably more experienced than me about this though, ( judging by the amount of posts you ) so thats just my opinion, leave it or take it I guess

Just the weather here... 41C was the absolute hottest day this year... It's much nicer during the Q4 months with temps going as low as 22C...

I have a 12" industrial blowing at my PC in the summer so I'm more or less fine when it comes to fan...