Orbweaver/Nostromo or Tartarus...?

equippedbum
Go to solution Solved by ZeetoVW,

To kick off my reply, I believe gaming pads are totally worth it if you play MMO's, or don't have some amazing keyboard with a bunch of macros. The Tartarus and Orbweaver have completely programmable keys, and you can even set it up so that one key plus another key equals something completely new through the use of temporary profile switiching (I linked this to my directional thumb pad so I could have access to 4x the buttons as I was playing one single game without fiddling with stuff on Snyapse 2.0 during gameplay). Gaming keypads are centered around comfort and speed for running macros, but I just suggest that you have your set up in a way that you might still be able to access your keyboard in case you need to type something.

Now, for the individual items you mentioned. 

The Nostromo is dated, and they no longer produce it. I'm fine with that, because I don't like the blue glow too much, the thumb pad is absolutely horrid (more or less a 4 way d-pad off an XBox controller, plus a little thumb stick on top), and they sacrificed a key for a scroll wheel, which you won't get too much use out of. 

The Tartarus is nice, but very obviously budget orientated. More or less the Orbweaver with less ergonomic adjustments, less keys, and membrane switches. (They are nice for membrane, though, but they have a stronger key press than membrane keyboards)

The Orbweaver is what I recommend out of the three. Like I said, more adjustments, more keys, and it's mechanical. I got the Tartarus and ended up abandoning it for the Orbweaver anyway. If you want to get a keypad, ad have the ability to save up like $30-40 more than what the Tartarus costs, the Orbweaver is an obvious choice.

I was thinking about getting one, just not sure of which one.

or are keypads even worth it?

What's the difference between the 2, I cant' figure this out. I anyway feel, that this is a gadget that isn't really usefull.

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

What's the difference between the 2, I cant' figure this out. I anyway feel, that this is a gadget that isn't really usefull.

Orbweaver is mechanical, tartarus is membrane. Other than that they're pretty similar. I think the orbweaver has more adjustments you can make to it, though. Not too familiar with the Nostromo.

To kick off my reply, I believe gaming pads are totally worth it if you play MMO's, or don't have some amazing keyboard with a bunch of macros. The Tartarus and Orbweaver have completely programmable keys, and you can even set it up so that one key plus another key equals something completely new through the use of temporary profile switiching (I linked this to my directional thumb pad so I could have access to 4x the buttons as I was playing one single game without fiddling with stuff on Snyapse 2.0 during gameplay). Gaming keypads are centered around comfort and speed for running macros, but I just suggest that you have your set up in a way that you might still be able to access your keyboard in case you need to type something.

Now, for the individual items you mentioned. 

The Nostromo is dated, and they no longer produce it. I'm fine with that, because I don't like the blue glow too much, the thumb pad is absolutely horrid (more or less a 4 way d-pad off an XBox controller, plus a little thumb stick on top), and they sacrificed a key for a scroll wheel, which you won't get too much use out of. 

The Tartarus is nice, but very obviously budget orientated. More or less the Orbweaver with less ergonomic adjustments, less keys, and membrane switches. (They are nice for membrane, though, but they have a stronger key press than membrane keyboards)

The Orbweaver is what I recommend out of the three. Like I said, more adjustments, more keys, and it's mechanical. I got the Tartarus and ended up abandoning it for the Orbweaver anyway. If you want to get a keypad, ad have the ability to save up like $30-40 more than what the Tartarus costs, the Orbweaver is an obvious choice.