Corsair K70 problems

MuffinsOfGump
Go to solution Solved by IBIubbleTea,

Hey everyone, today, I got a Corsair K70, but when I started using it, it made my PC randomly freeze. It is the keyboard because this has never happened before. Does anyone know how to fix this I really don't want to have to ship this back. Thanks everyone

Have you tried using the keyboard on a different computer? What setting do you have the keyboard on? Also update that firmware!

Hey everyone, today, I got a Corsair K70, but when I started using it, it made my PC randomly freeze. It is the keyboard because this has never happened before. Does anyone know how to fix this I really don't want to have to ship this back. Thanks everyone

Have you tried using the keyboard on a different computer? What setting do you have the keyboard on? Also update that firmware!

You must "Quote" to get my attention​.

~IBIubbleTea - 20/07/2014 

I dont have another computer to try it on, and currently its on the 8 setting, and I cant update the firmware because the keyboard freezes everything before I can launch it

I dont have another computer to try it on, and currently its on the 8 setting, and I cant update the firmware because the keyboard freezes everything before I can launch it

Have you tried using it on a different setting? 

I am going to right now, if I don't answer anyone back right away it's because it froze again

Alright, I got the firmware updated, so far so good, is there any other precautions I should start taking 'or anything just incase this goes to shit?

I am going to right now, if I don't answer anyone back right away it's because it froze again

Looks like you froze. Try using a different USB port and maybe even try updating your BIOS. Also make sure you both the USB plugged in in a USB 2.0 port.

Welp.~~~~

Alright, I got the firmware updated, so far so good, is there any other precautions I should start taking 'or anything just incase this goes to shit?

Dont touch anything, don't have anything plugged into the keyboard, and don't turn the computer off.

I had an issue with it so want I did is I change the response time

everything ever since I had no issues

so flip the switch one over and you're golden

Looks like you froze. Try using a different USB port and maybe even try updating your BIOS. Also make sure you both the USB plugged in in a USB 2.0 port.

Welp.~~~~

How do you update your BIOS?

How do you update your BIOS?

Lets not worry about that. Lets see if the keyboard works after a firmware update and if it doesn't, try what ShawnJ said.