Eve: Dust 514

penguin_

http://www.dust514.com/

New F2P FPS coming to PS3 exclusively it's in closed beta at the moment but it's going into open beta in a week or so. I've played Eve: Online before that it was really time consuming and couldn't stand to play it for very long, but this looks so interesting (Being primarily an FPS gamer) I can not wait. It looks like a cross between Planetside 2 & Nuclear Dawn/Natural Selection.

I remember hearing about this a long time ago, and have only been following it slightly since. I understand why it's a PS3 exclusive, but I wish it wasn't. MAG was a great game, with lots of potential, but I think having to use the PS3 controller really ruined that game for me. I have a PS3 and a 360, and I can easily say the 360 controller makes games feel completely different. I originally bought Battlefield Bad Company 2 for the PS3 (for the exclusive pre-order beta offer), and then got it a couple months later for the 360. It was like night and day, in terms of how much better it felt to play on the 360, for me.

• 2 weeks later...
I remember hearing about this a long time ago, and have only been following it slightly since. I understand why it's a PS3 exclusive, but I wish it wasn't. MAG was a great game, with lots of potential, but I think having to use the PS3 controller really ruined that game for me. I have a PS3 and a 360, and I can easily say the 360 controller makes games feel completely different. I originally bought Battlefield Bad Company 2 for the PS3 (for the exclusive pre-order beta offer), and then got it a couple months later for the 360. It was like night and day, in terms of how much better it felt to play on the 360, for me.
Dust 514 supports keyboard/mouse. I've tried it out and it works just fine. I find the PS3 controller useful for when I'm in a vehicle though.

I played this when it first came out. It was a bit too laggy (fps wise) so I just uninstalled it. Gameplay wasn't an issue so I should probably give it another shot to see if new updates fixed it. Any of you know how big the download was?

La`~

I was excited for it but the gameplay videos I have seen have looked rather uninteresting to me. But since it's f2p I'll still try it out, hopefully it surprises me. Though I wish it was on pc.

It has full keyboard & mouse support so I guess you could do that.

It's bad.

That sums up my thoughts pretty well.