HELP! Choosing a wireless router.

makkyun

I'm gonna get a new router soon. (We've been using an 802.11g router for 5 years now) I have a low budget and I was looking for some budget routers. One is a D-Link AC750 DIR-816L, the other is a TP-Link TL- WR1043ND. The D-Link one is an AC750 router. and the TP-Link one is an N 300Mbps. Which router will give me more coverage? The D-Link only has two antennas and the TP-Link has three if that will help. Will there be a lot I can benefit on the AC750 router vs the N300? I don't want to spend on an AC1200 or higher. And most of our devices here at home are using wireless N.

Toshiba Satellite C50 (A167)

• Intel Pentium 2020M (Ivy Bridge, IHD 3000)
  • 8GB DDR3 (4x2)
  • 500GB Toshiba Slim 5400RPM
  • Win10 Pro x64

Huawei P8 (GRA-UL10)

• HiSilicon Kirin 935 (arm64)
  • Android 6.0 (EMUI 4.0, TWRP 3, Sysless SuperSU)
  • 3GB RAM, 64GB NAND + 64GB SanDisk Ultra mSD

Get the AC one, it's the "next Generation" of wireless, more and more devices will support it in the next 12 months and will have slightly better range than a N router

Get the AC one, it's the "next Generation" of wireless, more and more devices will support it in the next 12 months and will have slightly better range than a N router

Thank you. But as I was asking in the OP, what can I benefit from using an AC router with a N device?, will it boost signal?, is having two AC antennas the same as having three N antennas?

Last thing, is there a better AC solution (AC1200 or above) for the same price as the D-Link I mentioned (AC750)? It can be other budget brands like Belkin, Buffalo, etc.

Toshiba Satellite C50 (A167)

• Intel Pentium 2020M (Ivy Bridge, IHD 3000)
  • 8GB DDR3 (4x2)
  • 500GB Toshiba Slim 5400RPM
  • Win10 Pro x64

Huawei P8 (GRA-UL10)

• HiSilicon Kirin 935 (arm64)
  • Android 6.0 (EMUI 4.0, TWRP 3, Sysless SuperSU)
  • 3GB RAM, 64GB NAND + 64GB SanDisk Ultra mSD