External DSLR Microphone solution?

Hello! I was wondering if anyone knew any good budget microphones, and I'm a complete noob when it comes to audio-related equipment. Typically, I am going to be using them on a Canon 70D DLSR alone, and sometimes maybe on a boom pole on a group project. I'll also probably use it on my desk, but the run and gun style is more or so my focus. I was looking primarily at the RODE VideoMic series (Videomic, Videomic GO, Videomic PRO), along with the Zoom H1 also in consideration.

Here, the Videomic GO costs $100, the Videomic w/ Rycote Mount at $180, the Videomic PRO at $230, and the Zoom H1 at $100. I'm looking around at the sub-$200 range, with around $250 pushing it.

Looking up samples, it seems that the VideoMic and VideoMic PRO have extremely similar sound when the +20DB feature is turned off on the Pro version. The Zoom H1 also has a +20DB Gain feature, and because the bad audio is also caused by the camera's built in preamp, would it be fair to assume that the VideoMic + Zoom H1 Combo will work fine? This option would also allow a lot of flexibility, as the Zoom H1 is also external and can be monitored.

It also seems that the Rode Videomic GO is more or so airy from some results, and some reviews say that it is due to the lack of a battery, as well as some DSLR's bad built-in preamp. But would it also be fair to assume that this issue would be fixed when paired with a Zoom H1? Since we are now using the battery-powered H1 and the H1's improved preamp (over the integrated camera), would I get decent quality?

In summary, I'm either to go for a Rode Videomic + Zoom H1 combo, Rode Videomic GO + Zoom H1 combo, or a standalone Rode Videomic PRO or any other solutions that I am not aware of and is recommended. 

Any and all help is appreciated, thanks!

I hear the 

Shure VP83 LensHopper with no Flash is a good option i hear.

I haven't used an but i'd avoid built in camera pre amp if possible.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

I hear the 

Shure VP83 LensHopper with no Flash is a good option i hear.

I haven't used an but i'd avoid built in camera pre amp if possible.

ah alright. The VP83 seems like a good option, similar to the VideoMic Pro in most aspects. It does push my budget, so I'm probably going to go for the VideoMic Pro if I end up choosing to not include the Zoom H1 as a preamp/external recording device, since they are quite similar.

Thanks for responding! I may have to change the topic name since no one else responded as of typing this o.e