What should I switch?

So I'm looking to improve my computer, but have little clue what to install. I'm looking to swap out my cpu, but I don't know if I would have to switch out my mobo or power supply. Currently I'm running a 500 W power supply, 16 gb ram, AMD 7870, a AMD Phenom II X4 925 processor, and the Mother board is an MSI 870S-G46. I'm thinking about getting a decent upgrade for the processor, but I don't know what is a good processor and what I should be looking for. My price range is $300-400 for a Mobo and processor, what should I be looking for?

Thanks for your help, I'm not experienced with finding the parts, but I'm hoping for a decent performance increase, because I haven't switched the processor since I built the computer.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/krKKK8

Just picked a random Z97 Mobo, they all perform the same.

System: 5930K, MSI X99 SLI PLUS, GTX 780Ti (SLI),  840 EVO, Fractal R4 (Full Custom Loop)  (IP)

Media Server/Perm Folder: i3 4130, CX500, 4 X WD Red 1TB, 60GB Adata SSD for boot, Node 304, ASrock Z87-E ITX, 8GB Kingston Value Ram

i5 4690K and a Z97 board would be my suggestion.

Maybe something like this:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($103.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $338.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-07-27 18:16 EDT-0400

You would need a cooler such as the one above to overclock the cpu.

So I'm looking to improve my computer, but have little clue what to install. I'm looking to swap out my cpu, but I don't know if I would have to switch out my mobo or power supply. Currently I'm running a 500 W power supply, 16 gb ram, AMD 7870, a AMD Phenom II X4 925 processor, and the Mother board is an MSI 870S-G46. I'm thinking about getting a decent upgrade for the processor, but I don't know what is a good processor and what I should be looking for. My price range is $300-400 for a Mobo and processor, what should I be looking for?

Thanks for your help, I'm not experienced with finding the parts, but I'm hoping for a decent performance increase, because I haven't switched the processor since I built the computer.

Do you know what make/model the psu is ? Just want to make sure it is suitable for the new parts.

Do you know what make/model the psu is ? Just want to make sure it is suitable for the new parts.

The model is the Cooler Master RS-500-PCAR.

Also would the 4690K be able to support streaming to twitch?

Also would the 4690K be able to support streaming to twitch?

ofc lol