Fable: The Lost Chapters

Dim

Alright, so I cranked the graphical settings all to max, put 1080p @ 60Hz resolution on, and I'm getting like 17 frames per second.

On a 7970.

Is it just not optimized for it? I don't even understand.

I can't even get 60fps with the resolution set to 1080p, even with everything else on low :|

Alright' date=' so I cranked the graphical settings all to max, put 1080p @ 60Hz resolution on, and I'm getting like 17 frames per second. On a 7970. Is it just not optimized for it? I don't even understand. I can't even get 60fps with the resolution set to 1080p, even with everything else on low :| [/quote']

That is really odd, I get massive FPS with a 670. Do you have vsync on?

Alright' date=' so I cranked the graphical settings all to max, put 1080p @ 60Hz resolution on, and I'm getting like 17 frames per second. On a 7970. Is it just not optimized for it? I don't even understand. I can't even get 60fps with the resolution set to 1080p, even with everything else on low :| [/quote'] That is really odd, I get massive FPS with a 670. Do you have vsync on?

I tried with it off and on; with it on I get bad fps constantly.

With it off, it skyrockets to 500+ in menus, and then down to like 3, then up to 30, then down to 17, etc.

It's unstable with vsync off.

Alright' date=' so I cranked the graphical settings all to max, put 1080p @ 60Hz resolution on, and I'm getting like 17 frames per second. On a 7970. Is it just not optimized for it? I don't even understand. I can't even get 60fps with the resolution set to 1080p, even with everything else on low :| [/quote'] That is really odd, I get massive FPS with a 670. Do you have vsync on?
I tried with it off and on; with it on I get bad fps constantly. With it off, it skyrockets to 500+ in menus, and then down to like 3, then up to 30, then down to 17, etc. It's unstable with vsync off.

Do you have anything in the CCC that would increase image quality? Like forcing certain AA settings and what not.

I tried with it off and on; with it on I get bad fps constantly. With it off, it skyrockets to 500+ in menus, and then down to like 3, then up to 30, then down to 17, etc. It's unstable with vsync off.
Do you have anything in the CCC that would increase image quality? Like forcing certain AA settings and what not.

Lol, I realised I had it on AA 8x.

But why am I still getting 17fps with 8x AA? Surely that shouldn't be too demanding :|

Anyway, with AA and vsync off and everything else maxed, it flickers constantly between 25-50 fps.

Lol, I realised I had it on AA 8x. But why am I still getting 17fps with 8x AA? Surely that shouldn't be too demanding :| Anyway, with AA and vsync off and everything else maxed, it flickers constantly between 25-50 fps.

AA 8x shouldn't do anything, but forcing it through the Catalyst Panel can have some buggy side effects. From all the googling I could do (and I'm sure you did) all the low FPS problems in that game seem to come from AMD cards, might just be a coding problem with the game then.

Lol, I realised I had it on AA 8x. But why am I still getting 17fps with 8x AA? Surely that shouldn't be too demanding :| Anyway, with AA and vsync off and everything else maxed, it flickers constantly between 25-50 fps.
AA 8x shouldn't do anything, but forcing it through the Catalyst Panel can have some buggy side effects. From all the googling I could do (and I'm sure you did) all the low FPS problems in that game seem to come from AMD cards, might just be a coding problem with the game then.

Yeah, I'm just going to assume it's a driver issue.

1080p looks distorted ingame anyway >,>