Which one to get?

alby800

So I currently need a new phone as I currently use a PAC-MAN phone (aka a flip-phone) and I have been narrowing it down to a few phones. Everyone in the family uses and I-device (including me, I love my Ipod) so I would love to get a beautiful phone to put my dads Iphone 5s to shame (my computer already shits on mum and dads Imac except for the screen and the i7) hence the reason for a HTC one.

so here are my options:

HTC one M7: $40/month

Pros: Cheapest, decent plan, metal

Cons: Last gen

http://www.whistleout.com.au/MobilePhones/Carriers/Optus/Personal/Optus-$35-Optus-My-Plan-Plus?phone=HTC-One&contract=24#cost-breakdown

HTC one M8: $58/Month

Pros: Metal, great features, the one I want most, comes with free dot case

Cons: Most Expensive

http://www.whistleout.com.au/MobilePhones/Carriers/Optus/Personal/Optus-$35-Optus-My-Plan-Plus?phone=HTC-One-M8&contract=24#cost-breakdown

Samsung Galaxy S5: $55/Month

Pros: Waterproof/dustproof, can shoot 4k video

Cons: Dont really wan't it, plastic back

http://www.whistleout.com.au/MobilePhones/Carriers/Optus/Personal/Optus-$35-Optus-My-Plan-Plus?phone=Samsung-Galaxy-S5-16GB&contract=24

Google Nexus 5: $55/Month

Pros: Better plan, faster updates

Cons: Cheaper phone

http://www.whistleout.com.au/MobilePhones/Carriers/Telstra/Personal/Telstra-$55-Mobile-Accelerate-Plan?phone=Google-Nexus-5&contract=24

I would also like to point out that I don't earn that much money and I still need to pay my sister back for my PC (lending $200 off my sister means I was able to complete it in the holidays) so I probably wont get it for a month :)

So what would you choose? Also what phone do your have right know and are you happy with it? Thanks in advance :D

EDIT - All of the phones have the same plan except the Nexus. All of the plans is fine for what I would be using it for :)

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

HTC one M8 because that's the one you want most it's a personal choice really

HTC one M8 because that's the one you want most it's a personal choice really

but it is so expensive :(

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

Google Nexus 5, well if you dont like expensive, and you want the lastest and good phone i would chose that from those 4, the nexus 5

PC Specs: Case Corsair Vengeance C70 - CPU i7-4770K @3.5Ghz - MOBO Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H - RAM HyperX Fury 2x8GB @1600Mhz - GPU MSI VENTUS RTX 2080 SUPER - HDD Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB, Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB, WD Black 4TB - PSU EVGA 750 G2 - Display Samsung S22C150 - CPU Cooler CM 212 Hyper EVO - Mouse Steelseries Sensei 310 - Current Wattage by pcpartpicker: 387W.

Google Nexus 5, well if you dont like expensive, and you want the lastest and good phone i would chose that from those 4, the nexus 5

The thing is the M8 is not that much more than it and that plan is the cheapest I can get :(

It's a toss up between the Nexus or the M8 for me, I currently have the M8 and love it. I got it right on launch and it seriously has been my favorite phone ever and blows my previous iPhone 5 out of the water. I was debating getting the Nexus, but the fact that I would have to purchase the phone out right here in the states and the superior build quality on the M8 made me go with it. The one true thing I am jealous about on the Nexus are the prompt updates to Android directly from Google. I still am on 4.4.2 and the nexus is on 4.4.4. The M8 has its downsides too, the camera is not the best in the world and I find the screen way to responsive. When I am in my work out shorts, my leg can activate the screen. 

I have used the S5 a bit and I personally am not a fan. Its a nice phone with a decent build quality but I just don't like Samsungs UI (Which I know can be easily fixed with a different ROM).I personally wouldn't get the M7 as at this point it is already a year old and will start to loose support quickly now that the big brother M8 is out.  

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

The thing is the M8 is not that much more than it and that plan is the cheapest I can get :(

mmm, then, you should wait more to get money, and dont get in your mind the "expensive" and get a what would be the best, cuz the expensiveness mindset is narrowing your choices

PC Specs: Case Corsair Vengeance C70 - CPU i7-4770K @3.5Ghz - MOBO Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H - RAM HyperX Fury 2x8GB @1600Mhz - GPU MSI VENTUS RTX 2080 SUPER - HDD Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB, Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB, WD Black 4TB - PSU EVGA 750 G2 - Display Samsung S22C150 - CPU Cooler CM 212 Hyper EVO - Mouse Steelseries Sensei 310 - Current Wattage by pcpartpicker: 387W.

It's a toss up between the Nexus or the M8 for me, I currently have the M8 and love it. I got it right on launch and it seriously has been my favorite phone ever and blows my previous iPhone 5 out of the water. I was debating getting the Nexus, but the fact that I would have to purchase the phone out right here in the states and the superior build quality on the M8 made me go with it. The one true thing I am jealous about on the Nexus are the prompt updates to Android directly from Google. I still am on 4.4.2 and the nexus is on 4.4.4. The M8 has its downsides too, the camera is not the best in the world and I find the screen way to responsive. When I am in my work out shorts, my leg can activate the screen. 

I have used the S5 a bit and I personally am not a fan. Its a nice phone with a decent build quality but I just don't like Samsungs UI (Which I know can be easily fixed with a different ROM).I personally wouldn't get the M7 as at this point it is already a year old and will start to loose support quickly now that the big brother M8 is out.  

Good thing I dont work out :P 

I have held the s5 as one of my cousins has it and I like the size but that is because I am used to Iphones and ipods. You have a good point with the M7. I think I am leaning towards the M8

mmm, then, you should wait more to get money, and dont get in your mind the "expensive" and get a what would be the best, cuz the expensiveness mindset is narrowing your choices

I will get it on a plan so I pay per month, I can probably afford it but it doesn't leave much money to upgrade my computer etc.

Good thing I dont work out :P

I have held the s5 as one of my cousins has it and I like the size but that is because I am used to Iphones and ipods. You have a good point with the M7. I think I am leaning towards the M8

To me the S5 feels decent in the hands, but it wasn't till I started using one, playing around with it and changing some settings that I didn't care for it. Although I did like the fact that it let me uninstall AT&T bloatware while the M8 doesn't. My perfect phone would be the Google play version of the M8 but it is just way to expensive. I would root my current one, but I just haven't gotten around it. 

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

To me the S5 feels decent in the hands, but it wasn't till I started using one, playing around with it and changing some settings that I didn't care for it. Although I did like the fact that it let me uninstall AT&T bloatware while the M8 doesn't. My perfect phone would be the Google play version of the M8 but it is just way to expensive. I would root my current one, but I just haven't gotten around it.

The google play edition is just a stock android m8 right? I have never used android properly and I am still learning all this stuff lol. Is stock android really that great?

The google play edition is just a stock android m8 right? I have never used android properly and I am still learning all this stuff lol. Is stock android really that great?

If it is great is a personal preference, I like it but Sense 6 is also not bad. And yes a google play edition is a stock Android, the Nexus is an example of a device running stock Kit Kat. If you want to see what it is like you could try to see if you could find a demo unit. It really isn't all that much different. 

If it is great is a personal preference, I like it but Sense 6 is also not bad. And yes a google play edition is a stock Android, the Nexus is an example of a device running stock Kit Kat. If you want to see what it is like you could try to see if you could find a demo unit. It really isn't all that much different.

Thanks for the input :) so far I am wanting the m8 more and more. I feel like I'm forgetting a phone. Can you think of any more

Thanks for the input :) so far I am wanting the m8 more and more. I feel like I'm forgetting a phone. Can you think of any more

Assuming you only want Android, the LG G3 is the other new flagship device. If your considering IOS then the 5S is a flagship also.

Assuming you only want Android, the LG G3 is the other new flagship device. If your considering IOS then the 5S is a flagship also.

ewwwwww ios, lol jk. not sure about the G3. I'll have a look at what plans I cant get in Australia

EDIT - I cant find any G3 plans in Australia :( It would only be more expensive anyway. I wish the oneplus one was available :(

If you're worrying about the cost... just go with the cheapest one. I personally think you should get the Nexus 5!