Having temp issues with h100i

I installed a h100i today on my 4670k and at stock settings my temp is 60c at idle. This is higher than when I had the stock fan. Any tips or tricks I can check to make sure everything is good I really want to over clock but I'm wanting icy temps. I did not plug my fans into the block as the adapters did not fit my noctua NF-f12. Also I have the fan connector from the block plugged into my MOBO and the USB plug plugged in. My fans are running properly and super quiet.

How can I adjust the cooler to pump more or less liquid? Anyone a pro at this cooler

I installed a h100i today on my 4670k and at stock settings my temp is 60c at idle. This is higher than when I had the stock fan. Any tips or tricks I can check to make sure everything is good I really want to over clock but I'm wanting icy temps. I did not plug my fans into the block as the adapters did not fit my noctua NF-f12. Also I have the fan connector from the block plugged into my MOBO and the USB plug plugged in. My fans are running properly and super quiet.

You have to plug the fans into the block. The adapters that plug into the block have covers on one end to protect the pins, you remove that cover and your fan connector will fit on the connector. When you hook them up correctly I can assure you your temps will go down a lot, do it quick before you fry your cpu.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

Ok I plugged the fans into the block and I have the CPU running at 4.0 ghz and at idle I'm getting 34c. Now on the corsair link software can I control the cooler in anyway? I see this rpm device thing that has to be mislabeled as my GPU is that how I control the cooler?

I ran a stress test and at full load I'm under 60c! Thanks for the help

Ok I plugged the fans into the block and I have the CPU running at 4.0 ghz and at idle I'm getting 34c. Now on the corsair link software can I control the cooler in anyway? I see this rpm device thing that has to be mislabeled as my GPU is that how I control the cooler?

I ran a stress test and at full load I'm under 60c! Thanks for the help

Yes you control the cooler through the software. But be warned it is extremely buggy. I've had fans show up as not working, pumps not working and fan curve not working the way they should. Trust the information with a grain of salt from that software. I honestly just set the cooler up once and haven't touched the software since. I tried setting custom fan curves but it always resulted in them maxing out no matter the temps, I just said screw it and left it alone.

No problem man, I had the same problem when I bought my h100i. I thought they screwed up and sent me the wrong cable and didn't know what I was gonna do. 15 minutes of doing research later I figured out they had those covers on them, something that was EXTREMELY vague in the manual. Heck even looking at them you can't tell they are covers, should have had a sticker with an arrow pointing which way to pull them off or something. But anyways glad to help. :)

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

Yes you control the cooler through the software. But be warned it is extremely buggy. I've had fans show up as not working, pumps not working and fan curve not working the way they should. Trust the information with a grain of salt from that software. I honestly just set the cooler up once and haven't touched the software since. I tried setting custom fan curves but it always resulted in them maxing out no matter the temps, I just said screw it and left it alone.

No problem man, I had the same problem when I bought my h100i. I thought they screwed up and sent me the wrong cable and didn't know what I was gonna do. 15 minutes of doing research later I figured out they had those covers on them, something that was EXTREMELY vague in the manual. Heck even looking at them you can't tell they are covers, should have had a sticker with an arrow pointing which way to pull them off or something. But anyways glad to help. :)

I totally agree the manual does not say anything about them and at first glance they look legit. I felt a little dumb after you told me that because obviously it worked instantly after that. I am sitting at a 4.0 GHZ OC at idle i am getting 34c and under full load i am getting 65c with my two Noctua NF-F12 in a push configuration. I did not use the fans that came with the cooler because my RAM is too high to allow for push pull. super quiet I can not even here my computer.

Seems like all software is pretty bad at detecting fans when using the H100i. 34c at idle is what I've been getting and the controller seems to work fine at adjusting for load and keeping the system cool without any extra software.

Glad it worked for you xD took me a few days to figure out why my fans wouldn't turn on lol

Git Gud.

I totally agree the manual does not say anything about them and at first glance they look legit. I felt a little dumb after you told me that because obviously it worked instantly after that. I am sitting at a 4.0 GHZ OC at idle i am getting 34c and under full load i am getting 65c with my two Noctua NF-F12 in a push configuration. I did not use the fans that came with the cooler because my RAM is too high to allow for push pull. super quiet I can not even here my computer.

Don't feel too dumb, though I felt the same way. They could have done such a better job making them look like protective covers. They legit look like a connector of some kind with no visual indication as to otherwise. I used the fans that came with the cooler, my first thought was they sent me the wrong connector. So I done some research and I got to thinking, most fans have the same connector theres no reason this should be any different. Especially when the supplied fans wouldn't go in. Finally I found one other person who posted pictures and had the same issue, they helped him out and my first thought was. Boy I'm dumb lol, don't sweat it though, it is just a learning experience. :)

Seems like all software is pretty bad at detecting fans when using the H100i. 34c at idle is what I've been getting and the controller seems to work fine at adjusting for load and keeping the system cool without any extra software.

Glad it worked for you xD took me a few days to figure out why my fans wouldn't turn on lol

I get about 29c idle, 75c max load. But that's with my overclock, I'm sure if I lowered it could change a lot. I like to use the software as a set it and forget it kinda thing cause that's all it is good for.