changing playback device with .bat

Is there any way I could change my playback device with a batch file?

I want to be able to switch between two "at the push of a button".

I don't know much about .batch files, but I doubt you can have one to do that. Even if you could get one to work, it would require administrator everytime meaning there would be a popup. Plus you would have a number of problems even after you got one setup. As diffrent Jack ports and other playback devices in the future would mess it up.

A better option would be to use soundswitch, you can read more about it here: http://superuser.com/questions/621962/convenient-way-to-switch-windows-default-playback-device it sounds exactly like what you need.

Connor Freebairn - ConnorFreebairn@newman.cumbria.sch.uk
IT Technician & Certified computer geek.

If I remember you needed something a bit more advanced. 

I used to have it set up as macro's on my keyboard. G1 = Headset ; G2 = Speakers ; G3 = Mute.

I'll look through bookmarks and try find how I did it I do remember giving up on bat files on there own though.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

I don't know much about .batch files, but I doubt you can have one to do that. Even if you could get one to work, it would require administrator everytime meaning there would be a popup. Plus you would have a number of problems even after you got one setup. As diffrent Jack ports and other playback devices in the future would mess it up.

A better option would be to use soundswitch, you can read more about it here: http://superuser.com/questions/621962/convenient-way-to-switch-windows-default-playback-device it sounds exactly like what you need.

That's perfect, thank you :)