Ubuntu Boot Disk Not Working

I got an old Windows XP PC from a relative. I took it apart, cleaned it out, and put it back together. Now I am trying to install Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 32-bit. I downloaded the ISO file and burned it to a DVD. I changed the boot priority to have the DVD drive as the first and only boot device. I put the disk in and the computer does not recognize it. I get back a message saying "DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER". I have tried redownloading and re-burning the disk image to no avail. PLEASE HELP

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

I got an old Windows XP PC from a relative. I took it apart, cleaned it out, and put it back together. Now I am trying to install Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 32-bit. I downloaded the ISO file and burned it to a DVD. I changed the boot priority to have the DVD drive as the first and only boot device. I put the disk in and the computer does not recognize it. I get back a message saying "DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER". I have tried redownloading and re-burning the disk image to no avail. PLEASE HELP

I have the same situation as you. XP, Disk boot failure.....

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

You need Pen Drive Linux's Universal USB Installer. Is tiny and easy to use.

http://www.pendrivelinux.com/universal-usb-installer-easy-as-1-2-3/

Edit: And a USB thumb drive, obviously.

YES THANK YOU! This actually works.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

I have the same situation as you. XP, Disk boot failure.....

Use the above solution. Pen Drive Linux. It works.

Get a 4 GB flash drive, use Rufus or UNetBootin (Rufus is better), use it to copy all ISO files to the flash drive and then boot from USB on the computer, worked for me every time.

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W