Booting Windows from a CD using cmd

BluePrints

Hello.

Long story short, my old laptop almost bricked itself while I was reinstalling Windows 8 on it from a CD. Being the piece of crap it is, It just shut down during the process for no apparent reason. Now I am stuck in the menu which has all the repair and restoration options. Naturally, none of them works and if I try to continue to the Windows 8, I get a Blue Screen of Death and then it shuts down and repeats until I force it to shut down. I don't mind if I can't get it back up and running but I guess it's worth trying.

So, I can access cmd from the menu, but I cant boot from the CD as "The disk doesn't have a identifiable file system" or something along those lines. What are my options? Can I format the boot drive and then install Windows from the CD somehow? As I said, I don't care if it can be fixed. It hasn't been properly for few years at least, and it has been really tacky lately. I have a backup of everything I wanted to save as I was reinstalling in the first place.

I am new here so I hope this is the right section to ask this.

Thanks in advance. "Don't bother" is a valid answer by the way.

it sounds like you need to add drivers at the install stage or it will blue screen of death.  how old is the laptop is it windows 8 capable

Get Windows XP IMO

Trying to run Vista-8 on anything lessthan 512MB ram will make you want to shoot yourself.

I say this because, I had a very bad Gypsie attack...they stole my wife, plow... and they touch my horse in a very bad way... he got very depressed.

use "diskpart" command to reformat the drive then try & install it.. maybe check if the Optical drive has scratches or the data is corrupted in another pc before trying to install it again.

Details separate people.

I completely forgot and didn't notice before that the CD was actually for upgrading from Win7 to Win8. Sorry.

So that's that. I need to get a Win7 CD from somewhere and then upgrade it to Win8, maybe that'll do it. Thank you guys for the answers.