Swiftech H220 Question

So a few days ago I finally received my H220 (NGL it was a bitch to fit in my Fractal R4 w/ Asus Sabertooth Z87 MoBo.

Anyway, I'm using Asus Fan Xpert 2 to set the RPM curve. I'm getting 20c idling (which i think is pretty awesome considering I have SLI 770s too), this is running between 20-30%, when it gets from about 30-40% the pump starts to get loud, not massively loud, but you can definitely hear it doing its stuff, is this normal?

Thanks! :)

So a few days ago I finally received my H220 (NGL it was a bitch to fit in my Fractal R4 w/ Asus Sabertooth Z87 MoBo.

Anyway, I'm using Asus Fan Xpert 2 to set the RPM curve. I'm getting 20c idling (which i think is pretty awesome considering I have SLI 770s too), this is running between 20-30%, when it gets from about 30-40% the pump starts to get loud, not massively loud, but you can definitely hear it doing its stuff, is this normal?

Thanks! :)

Mine does that. Sounds like a clicking, kinda like a card in a bike spoke right? I emailed swiftech, and they said it was the new pump design. The way I fixed it is I run my pump at 3,000 RPM. It's quiet at that speed.

| CPU: i7 4770k 4.3GHz | MOBO: GIGABYTE Z87 HD3 | RAM: 8GB A-Data XPG V1 | GPU: EVGA GTX 780 FTW | PSU: Corsair CS750M | Storage: A-Data SP900 256GB SSD+WD Black 3TB+Hitachi 250GB HDD | Cooling: Corsair H100i | Networking: Rosewill N900 PCE WiFi Adapter | OS: Windows 10 Pro+Mac OS 10.10 Yosemite | Case: NZXT H440 |

• 4 weeks later...

Mine does that. Sounds like a clicking, kinda like a card in a bike spoke right? I emailed swiftech, and they said it was the new pump design. The way I fixed it is I run my pump at 3,000 RPM. It's quiet at that speed.

What software do you use to change/monitor pump speed?

i had some noise issue with the H220 as well

but it got fixed \o/

won't hurt checking

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/157100-first-aio-swiftech-h220-too-loud/

and yeah, emailed bryan at swiftech with the video and he said it's normal, even tho the rattling noise went away after i turned it around

so i wouldn't trust too much about what they say anymore

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.