Upgrading My Ram on my Laptop

Hello Beautiful People, 

This is my first post on here so if I'm putting this in the wrong place or missing some requirements i apologize and please inform me. 

I'm currently planning on upgrading the ram on my  ROG Strix G512LI_G512LI which is currently at 8GB. I saw a video of someone upgrading the ram on it and I was wondering if I buy a ram stick of 32 GB if there would be any problem that I would encounter. Seeing that one stick is 8GB and the other is 32. Should I buy another 8GB stick or just get two of the same 32GB.  ( I have confirmed it has two slots for two sticks )

( If you need any further information from me please don't hesitate to let me know. ) 

Thank you for reading my silly question.  

From what I know it is possible to run miss match ram sticks capacity, it should run in dual channel for the first 8gb then in single channel for the rest of the capacity so you lose some performance. Be sure to match latency for the best compatibility chances, and your memory controller might not like it. It's pretty much hit and miss with different capacity.

8 minutes ago, jsp3500 said:

From what I know it is possible to run miss match ram sticks capacity, it should run in dual channel for the first 8gb then in single channel for the rest of the capacity so you lose some performance. Be sure to match latency for the best compatibility chances, and your memory controller might not like it. It's pretty much hit and miss with different capacity.

I appreciate your informative response. Thank you 🙂