Sony BDV-E6100

Hi

I have gotten the task from my parents to replace their soundsystem. A sony BDV-E6100. It's an older system.

The brain is turning itself off and is glitching on the screen. Sometimes we can use the bluetooth for music but only for a few hours if we're lucky.

I think it's the system and not the hardware.

I have tried to fix it by updating it and roll it back to factory settings without luck.

My parents want it replaced with a soundbar that I easily could help them with but I just think it would be a shame to throw such good speakers out.

So I was wondering if there was a soundbar I could connect the old speakers to? I know i might be able to connect them to a receiver but those are quite expensive alone.

Or is there a way to get access to the systems code or something?

I have added 2 pictures that shows the connection.

995.jpg.4b105117e12476481d843871a85e1393.jpg997.jpg.de0b654eb6d11f4a607f0061224aa045.jpg

Thanks in advance :)

So it’s one of those Sony blu-ray/receiver combos, interesting. While they’re using what I assume are proprietary connectors, each speaker just looks like a pair of wires. I don’t see why you couldn’t get any receiver, trim off the ends of those speaker wires, and use the existing cabling to connect them.