Standoff doesnt fit

Repla

Im trying to install an standoff into my pc, but it just wont fit, I have tried using other standoffs from places where it works, and it still wont fit. It gets screwed in very partially then just stops.

4 minutes ago, Repla said:

It gets screwed in very partially then just stops.

There are stand-offs that are different thread types. Are these the stand-offs that came with the case? Are you sure the threads are good? Nothing has been cross threaded?

Also many times if you move a stand-off you may actually need to use a wrench or driver to tighten it down. Many times the unused thread holes are coated over, so things may not thread in by hand easily the first time. 

Just now, OhioYJ said:

Also many times if you move a stand-off you may actually need to use a wrench or driver to tighten it down. Many times the unused thread holes are coated over, so things may not thread in by hand easily the first time. 

Especially in a new case, if the standoffs didn't come preinstalled, they may take some effort to get installed the first time.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

4 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Especially in a new case, if the standoffs didn't come preinstalled, they may take some effort to get installed the first time.

The first one came SUPER easy, I used standoffs from the same pile I got the first one, and none of them worked. I even tried using a standoff that worked on a different part, and that also did not work.

11 minutes ago, OhioYJ said:

There are stand-offs that are different thread types. Are these the stand-offs that came with the case? Are you sure the threads are good? Nothing has been cross threaded?

I tried using a standoff from a different part that already worked somewhere else, it didnt get screwed in either.

15 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

@Crunchy Dragon(you said to quote you if I wanted you to see my reply)

9 minutes ago, Repla said:

I tried using a standoff from a different part that already worked somewhere else, it didnt get screwed in either.

It won't screw in using a wrench or driver? What do the threads look like in the tray? Is the hole threaded?

There is always the option to tap / chase the threads in the tray.

2 minutes ago, OhioYJ said:

It won't screw in using a wrench or driver? What do the threads look like in the tray? Is the hole threaded?

There is always the option to tap / chase the threads in the tray.

Hole is threaded wrong probably, the backside of it has 2 little metal things poking out of it that arent in any other holes.