Windows Controller Bluetooth sucks! Need Help!

Nestemate
Go to solution Solved by SorryBella,
1 hour ago, Nicanor Buzovoi said:

But if the controller doesn't use Steam Input, there would be no input to the game, it detects the controller but it doesn't work.

Because both Microsoft and Sony are dickheads. You need an external controller driver to emulate Dualshock4 input into XInput outside of Steam, like DS4Windows.

https://github.com/Ryochan7/DS4Windows

I used a DualShock 4 wired to play games up to this day. Now that I upgraded a wifi m.2, I have bluetooth. The controller works as intended on BT if I was playing with Steam Input, but I disable it on other games. But if the controller doesn't use Steam Input, there would be no input to the game, it detects the controller but it doesn't work. Using it wired works with and without Steam Input. Also if I open up "Set up USB game controllers" it shows that the d-pad has all of the axis stuck at 127. I also tried connecting the controller with bluetooth on another PC and saw the same behavior. Is there something that I have to change or to install a program?

Screenshot 2023-08-14 113037.png

Screenshot 2023-08-14 113104.png

1 hour ago, Nicanor Buzovoi said:

But if the controller doesn't use Steam Input, there would be no input to the game, it detects the controller but it doesn't work.

Because both Microsoft and Sony are dickheads. You need an external controller driver to emulate Dualshock4 input into XInput outside of Steam, like DS4Windows.

https://github.com/Ryochan7/DS4Windows

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.