Fan layout advice needed

HopelessGPU
Go to solution Solved by Skiiwee29,

The only way to protect the GPU vertical mounted if you don't have enough clearance natively to produce decent airflow would be to get a Cablemod Vertical adapter that pushes the GPU backwards, but then you may run into CPU cooler clearance. I would never recommend vertical mounting of an air cooled GPU unless you can provide around 3cm of clearance between it and the side panel if its a solid side panel. If you have this clearance, then you should be OK. I would also flip that top intake and make it an exhaust if you must have it, but having that may actually harm airflow more than help in either configuration due to the turbulence it would create for that top fan. As exhaust, it would just suck a ton of air upwards immediately and cause loss of cooling in the lower half, including the GPU. 

I've ran in some issues involving my case. Either it was user error or case idk but I'm looking into vertical mounting in the mean time until Monday so I can contact the company. Regarding vertically mounting my GPU that I know it will run hotter but was wondering what are some ways to nullify this effect. I will be buying 2-3 additional fans for my case cause I need them regardless of my situation, but was wondering what would be the best layout. The case in question is Phantek Eclipse p600s.

Here are some photos I took and drew in my idea but I'm unsure since this can definitely be better

20230528_023622.thumb.jpg.3d1c09ed5e33c8cea37275b4d1e87308.jpg

Or maybe like this?

20230528_023612.thumb.jpg.b961a76623ec7bcc27139bf9257725b3.jpg

Blue square is how big the cpu fan cooler is and the black ones are the fans

"Sometimes, the people who are thousands of miles away from you can make you feel better than people right beside you."

big blue square just orientate the fan cooler if using a tower cooler so the the fan/fans if dual pull air from the same direction as the front fans feeding air into the case and exhausting out the back of the case where the rear fan will also supplement the rapid airflow/exchange.

Any residual air will exhaust out the top due to over pressure and thermals as heat if not exhausted will rise.

The only way to protect the GPU vertical mounted if you don't have enough clearance natively to produce decent airflow would be to get a Cablemod Vertical adapter that pushes the GPU backwards, but then you may run into CPU cooler clearance. I would never recommend vertical mounting of an air cooled GPU unless you can provide around 3cm of clearance between it and the side panel if its a solid side panel. If you have this clearance, then you should be OK. I would also flip that top intake and make it an exhaust if you must have it, but having that may actually harm airflow more than help in either configuration due to the turbulence it would create for that top fan. As exhaust, it would just suck a ton of air upwards immediately and cause loss of cooling in the lower half, including the GPU. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card