PC not working after upgrade

RouletteStudios

I installed a new heatsink today. AM4 being AM4, the cooler ripped the CPU out of the socket with it. The MX-4 had basically turned into glue, so i had to pry it off. When it came loose, it shot into the open side of my PC and slammed into the hard drive bays. The pins bent and my brother made them straight enough to fit into the socket. I used a toothbrush and a bit of water earlier to get the thermal paste out of the pins (maybe i didn't let it dry off all the way?)

Nothing will turn on. I KNOW the PC is receiving power, because the little white light on my STRIX 1060 is glowing, which means it's receiving power. But when i press the power button, nothing happens. NOTHING. No fans spin up and my HDD doesn't spin up.

6 hours ago, RouletteStudios said:

I installed a new heatsink today. AM4 being AM4, the cooler ripped the CPU out of the socket with it. The MX-4 had basically turned into glue, so i had to pry it off. When it came loose, it shot into the open side of my PC and slammed into the hard drive bays. The pins bent and my brother made them straight enough to fit into the socket. I used a toothbrush and a bit of water earlier to get the thermal paste out of the pins (maybe i didn't let it dry off all the way?)

Nothing will turn on. I KNOW the PC is receiving power, because the little white light on my STRIX 1060 is glowing, which means it's receiving power. But when i press the power button, nothing happens. NOTHING. No fans spin up and my HDD doesn't spin up.

as a tip...  DON'T just pull out a cooling block on an AM4 socket... when screws are loose.. twist it gently forth and back until it loose the bond and falls off. 

sounds like you did about everything wrong.. but hey. you learn by failure too.  take out the cpu again.. and leave it drying for a few days. 

never use water... use alcohol to clean with.. 

if you are lucky after it has dried.. it might work again..  recheck the pins to see if all are not connecting others .. easier to see from the sides. if not you need a new cpu.