280mm AIO in a Torrent Nano

venomtail

Planning on switching to the Torrent Nano case as my Manta's 2 slot max GPU depth is too small, severely limiting my options for a GPU upgrade as many reuse the same 2.5 cooler model designs. I think the 3 slot option on new mITX cases should go a long way in aleviating this struggle.

I want to make this transition as cheap as possible, meaning to not spend on things outside of necesity or actively saving me money. That means I have to make my current 280mm AIO fit the case.

Question is, how? I've read comments saying that a 280mm AIO only fits in one position, front intake as a pull configuration.

Is that true? How does it fit? Does anyone have pictures of a 280mm AIO fitting or were people merely talking of custom loops where an induvidual radiator can fit up front in that configuration. If it makes any difference, I have the X62 Rev 2 AIO. How much lenght do we lose and what's the next max card lenght? Does adding fans at the bottom for better GPU airflow eat into max GPU thickness?

Help would be grealy appreciated. Really want to have this case as Fractal and don't want to downgrade to the meshify nano, no hate to the meshify tho, it is an alternative just not my 1st choice.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

4 hours ago, venomtail said:

I've read comments saying that a 280mm AIO only fits in one position, front intake as a pull configuration.

Yeah because thats how it is for most ITX cases right now. Front intake AIO which sacrifice GPU thermals, or aircooling and deal with the nightmare clearance issue on building it. Also, Torrent air architecture is pretty much designed around that massive fans at the front as intake so you might see lesser than what the thermal reviews says.

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/tmV7YJ here's a build in the Torrent Nano with 280mm AIO that i found on PCPP. The AIO in the picture is Lumen S28 also by Fractal.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

5 hours ago, SorryClaire said:

Yeah because thats how it is for most ITX cases right now. Front intake AIO which sacrifice GPU thermals, or aircooling and deal with the nightmare clearance issue on building it. Also, Torrent air architecture is pretty much designed around that massive fans at the front as intake so you might see lesser than what the thermal reviews says.

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/tmV7YJ here's a build in the Torrent Nano with 280mm AIO that i found on PCPP. The AIO in the picture is Lumen S28 also by Fractal.

Good link but you sure it's a 280? List to me says S24 and even in the description mentions a 240mm AIO by the guy who built it. 

In the 3rd picture I can see what resembles holes for possibly fitting a 280mm as they out further than the holes he's using but doesn't seem as intentional as the rail itself. 

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

22 hours ago, SorryClaire said:

Do you know much about the alternative? The Meshify 2 nano. Fractal's page in terms of campatabiliy is much friendlier than the Torrent, might be the smarter choice. Only concern is the 160mm PSU recommendation. For 200mm you need to remove 3.5'' tray and airflow guide but the PSU I've got my eyes on is 175mm long. Fit it fit without having to remove anything?

20 minutes ago, venomtail said:

but the PSU I've got my eyes on is 175mm long

and you have to account for around 25-50mm of slack from the PSU to where you can bend the cable, especially for modular PSU. You shouldnt run it with the bottom HDD tray. 

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

16 hours ago, SorryClaire said:

and you have to account for around 25-50mm of slack from the PSU to where you can bend the cable, especially for modular PSU. You shouldnt run it with the bottom HDD tray. 

Stuck between a rock and a hard place, I need one HDD as well 🤔

Maybe I just need to think outside the box. Source myself a reference 6800, It's 2 slots so should fit... Thoughts?