Looking for a new case

Propensity

okay so I have watched Linus tech tips for years now and decided to finally join the forum. My current system is......

NZXT tempest elite 410

MSI Z77 GD65

2500k @ 4.7 watercooled with H80

Galaxy gtx 680

thermaltake 850w psu

16GB gskill ram

2 SSD

1 HDD

So I hate my case for no real reason. I have had it for a year and just dont like the features or the future expand-ability. I have two trains of thought and would like some opinions about which would be the better choice. I just want a solid case that has everything a builder wants and needs and one that isnt a nightmare when transporting.

I like the idea of watercooling in the future but I feel like its not going to be worth it for me personally. I have been moving quite a bit and will probably still move at least once a year at this point in my career. I feel that packing up and moving a watercooled computer is just going to be a headache that I am not going to want. I love everything that watercooling can give and think that building a custom loop would be fun but it may need to be something I do further down the road. I have seen a lot on the switch 810 and it looks like a great case to me but I have only bought 2 cases in my life and don't really have an eye for what is good in a case.

Now from watching some of today's live stream and seeing where the industry is going with lower power consumption and better efficiency products, I could see custom computers getting smaller and smaller even on air cooling with these new components coming out. I have been looking at full tower cases exclusively for the past month but now think that I may want something smaller since it wont make a large difference in the future. So maybe a mid tower that is well built and feature rich would be better for me.

So my hope is to get a few opinions about whether or not I should go full tower or if there is a smaller case that could fit my needs.

How much money do you want to spend?

How much money do you want to spend?

ideally budget of $200 but ill entertain ideas for more expensive cases if people think there is one that is worth it

The Corsair Graphite 600T and Carbide 400R are solid cases.The Define R4 is pretty nice too if you're going for a more silent optimized build. Switch 810 is an awesome case for watercooling but it feels too plastic for my liking.

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

Shit, you could get a very high end case for that money

I would go with the R4 or 650D or the C70. If you plan on water cooling, the Switch 810 is a very nice case for water cooling.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I love my Corsair 600T

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715