Samsung A34 5g vs Xiaomi redmi note 12 pro

Nior2008

My classmate was undecided between the Samsung A34 5g and the xiaomi redmi note 12 pro, after getting the advice from fellow members from the forum (of unanimous votes) we both took the effort to head down to samsung and xiaomi to check out both phones hands on. 

Singapore pricing

Samsung A34 5g - $468.00 (+ GST10%) 

Xiaomi redmi note 12 pro - $299.00 (+GST 10%)

Although the Samsung was more pricy it had a couple of advantages over the redmi, as my friend said she uses her phone for mostly light games and watching anime and posting her hand drawn animation on Facebook and twitter she needed a huge amount of storage for her crunchy roll library. Both phones aren't bad but both phones are for different users. 

Here's a list of benefits of both phones

Samsung A34 5g 

Pros

1. Efficient and non power hungry chipset ( mediatek dimensity 1080)

2. 120 mhz refresh rate

3. 100% s-rgb and 99.93% dci-p3 (excellent colour accuracy) 

4. 5000mah  battery 

5. Expandable SD card storage up to 1tb 

6. Samsung software support (4yrs android, 5yrs security) 

Con 

1. No charger

2. No tpu case

3. Weak cameras

4. High price

5. No headphones jack

Xiaomi redmi note 12 pro 

Pros 

2. 67w quick charger (in box) 

3. TPU case

4. 120mhz refresh rate

5. Good screen (hdr 10,doby vision) 

6. headphones jack

7. 5000mah battery 

8. Good value for money 

9. Xiaomi support (3yrs android, 4yrs security) 

Cons

1. No expandable SD storage

2. Selfie camera 1080p 30fps

3. usb- C 2.0 (no usb-c 3.1)

4.glossy glass back. (fingerprint magnet) 

My insights :

The xiaomi is a good daily phone budget king, that anyone can love and appreciate for value and quality for those just don't keep movies or animation and light games (League of legends, zombie vs plants, R.O, GUNBOUND,) and still prefer their music with wired earphones or headphones. 

The Samsung is a good secondary or entertainment phone where if you an download you favourite crunchy roll anime on to the SD card and come back to watch later on, a set of okay cameras but supported by some fun samsung camera softwares and longer software support. 

So depends on your budget and preference both are good phones

Ps: apologies to the phone shop owner for taking 2hrs messing with your display sets before buying you Samsung A34 5g, best wishes to your business. 😂❤️❤️👍👍

Have fun, helpthose that need and be kind. 

19 minutes ago, Nior2008 said:

My classmate was undecided between the Samsung A34 5g and the xiaomi redmi note 12 pro, after getting the advice from fellow members from the forum (of unanimous votes) we both took the effort to head down to samsung and xiaomi to check out both phones hands on. 

Singapore pricing

Samsung A34 5g - $468.00 (+ GST10%) 

Xiaomi redmi note 12 pro - $299.00 (+GST 10%)

Although the Samsung was more pricy it had a couple of advantages over the redmi, as my friend said she uses her phone for mostly light games and watching anime and posting her hand drawn animation on Facebook and twitter she needed a huge amount of storage for her crunchy roll library. Both phones aren't bad but both phones are for different users. 

Here's a list of benefits of both phones

Samsung A34 5g 

Pros

2. 120 mhz refresh rate

3. 100% s-rgb and 99.93% dci-p3 (excellent colour accuracy) 

4. 5000mah  battery 

5. Expandable SD card storage up to 1tb 

6. Samsung software support (4yrs android, 5yrs security) 

Con 

1. No charger

2. No tpu case

3. Weak cameras

4. High price

5. No headphones jack

Xiaomi redmi note 12 pro 

Pros 

2. 67w quick charger (in box) 

3. TPU case

4. 120mhz refresh rate

5. Good screen (hdr 10,doby vision) 

6. headphones jack

7. 5000mah battery 

8. Good value for money 

9. Xiaomi support (3yrs android, 4yrs security) 

Cons

1. No expandable SD storage

2. Selfie camera 1080p 30fps

3. usb- C 2.0 (no usb-c 3.1)

4.glossy glass back. (fingerprint magnet) 

My insights :

The xiaomi is a good daily phone budget king, that anyone can love and appreciate for value and quality for those just don't keep movies or animation and light games (League of legends, zombie vs plants, R.O, GUNBOUND,) and still prefer their music with wired earphones or headphones. 

The Samsung is a good secondary or entertainment phone where if you an download you favourite crunchy roll anime on to the SD card and come back to watch later on, a set of okay cameras but supported by some fun samsung camera softwares and longer software support. 

So depends on your budget and preference both are good phones

Ps: apologies to the phone shop owner for taking 2hrs messing with your display sets before buying you Samsung A34 5g, best wishes to your business. 😂❤️❤️👍👍

Have fun, helpthose that need and be kind. 

third time i've replied to your topics

Nanoreview: Compare Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Pro vs Samsung Galaxy A34 5G: which is better? | NR (nanoreview.net)

Overall the performance difference is pretty small and maybe the deal breaker for your friend is that the xiaomi doesn't have a waterproof rating (can't be submerged in water) but it does have ip53 which i think means its Protected from water spray less than 60 degrees from vertical (can't be submerged tho). They have the same chip so the performance difference was never going to be too big. I would go for the xiaomi if it was my money

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

I'd get the Xiaomi for myself and Samsung for a parent (since the OS support will last longer and they likely won't load too much software).

And, no, not saying you need both - but pointing point the use-cases in my opinion.

CPU R7 1700    Motherboard Asus Prime X370 Pro  RAM  24GB Corsair LPX 3000 (at 2933Mhz)    GPU EVGA GTX1070 SC  Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M    

Storage 1 x 1TB m.2, 1x 500GB SSD, 1x 1TB HDD, 1x 8TB HDD  PSU Corsair RM1000  Cooling Thermalright Macho Rev B (tower)

Synology NAS 1 x 4TB 1 x 8TB

13 hours ago, filpo said:

third time i've replied to your topics

Nanoreview: Compare Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Pro vs Samsung Galaxy A34 5G: which is better? | NR (nanoreview.net)

Overall the performance difference is pretty small and maybe the deal breaker for your friend is that the xiaomi doesn't have a waterproof rating (can't be submerged in water) but it does have ip53 which i think means its Protected from water spray less than 60 degrees from vertical (can't be submerged tho). They have the same chip so the performance difference was never going to be too big. I would go for the xiaomi if it was my money

The deal breaker for my classmate was that the xiaomi did not have a expandable SD card storage, as she loves to save up her animations and binge watch the episodes at one go. The ip 67 is a good extra but not important to kids like us. We just use it as a entertainment device and calling /messaging our parents that we'll late home or scare them that I'm in a girls bedroom lol. 😜 Otherwise just playing light games. 

Anyways this review is just a thought of what we bought there no right or wrong just something we felt "hmm some people might want a second opinion." thank you for your reply either way. 👍

11 hours ago, FIXXX said:

I'd get the Xiaomi for myself and Samsung for a parent (since the OS support will last longer and they likely won't load too much software).

And, no, not saying you need both - but pointing point the use-cases in my opinion.

Same here, I'm just pointing out different people uses, that's why at the bottom I posted my insights, but everyone has different use cases and budgets. 👍👍

40 minutes ago, Nior2008 said:

scare them that I'm in a girls bedroom lol

depends how old you are lol

Current parts list

42 minutes ago, filpo said:

depends how old you are lol

14 yrs old. My mom worries I and Jess might "experiment" me and jess are broz not a boy and girl relationship. We grew up together, she worries too much hahaha

20 minutes ago, Nior2008 said:

14 yrs old. My mom worries I and Jess might "experiment" me and jess are broz not a boy and girl relationship. We grew up together, she worries too much hahaha

sigh

Should I be the bearer of bad news?

CPU R7 1700    Motherboard Asus Prime X370 Pro  RAM  24GB Corsair LPX 3000 (at 2933Mhz)    GPU EVGA GTX1070 SC  Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M    

Storage 1 x 1TB m.2, 1x 500GB SSD, 1x 1TB HDD, 1x 8TB HDD  PSU Corsair RM1000  Cooling Thermalright Macho Rev B (tower)

Synology NAS 1 x 4TB 1 x 8TB

21 minutes ago, Nior2008 said:

Lmao same here 

Current parts list

12 hours ago, FIXXX said:

sigh

Should I be the bearer of bad news?

?? 

12 hours ago, filpo said:

Lmao same here 

??