UPGRADE HELP PLS

alvez

Hello guys!

So I have been thinking of upgrading my build but really dont know what I should do here due to what I want to achieve: higher framerates as I will get a 240hz monitor and want stable fps for that.

Important also: I will be playing csgo and I mainly like to play under low resolution (1280x960) and low graphic setting and will switch to the new game CS2 that will replace CSGO and that should be more GPU bond than csgo is atm due to engine change (source 2 like dota 2)

About the GPU I have heard that the 6700XT performs worst when using lower resolution/lower settings, that it wont use its full potential. Does the 6700xt really perform bad when using low settings? Should I go for the 3060ti?

Or even should I just upgrade my CPU to a 5800x or 5900x and keep the current GPU? I don't know if I can use this board due to the VRM getting to hot with these CPU's. 

I am from Portugal by the way and budget is 500 EUR max.

Current build:

• MSI B450 Tomahawk Max

• AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600X @ 3.8 GHz

• Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II280

• ASUS TUF Gaming X3 GeForce® GTX 1660 SUPER™ OC Edition

• Corsair TX 650M 80+ Gold

• Crucial MX500 1TB + Samsung PM981 512GB NVMe + Crucial MX100 256GB

• G.SKILL Trident Z RGB (For AMD) DDR4 @ 3600MHz CL18 16GB

Shoot me your thoughts!

What you think that would be a smart upgrade?

Thanks!

| Case: Cooler Master Elite 371 | Cpu: i5 4690K @ 4.20 GHz | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 |

| Gpu: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 | SSD: Crucial MX100 256 GB | HDD: Samsung 128GB Ram: Kingston 8GB DDR3 1333MHz | 

| Screen: Benq XL2411Z | Mouse: Logitech G 403 | Mousepad: SteelSeries QcK+ NiP Edition | Keyboard: Steelseries 6GV2 | Headset: Kingston Hyper X Cloud |

No upgrade would be smart IMO. It's still a decent system, and your budget doesn't allow a full overhaul. Is CS2 already out? Did you try playing it with your current hardware?

18 minutes ago, Budget DIY said:

No upgrade would be smart IMO. It's still a decent system, and your budget doesn't allow a full overhaul. Is CS2 already out? Did you try playing it with your current hardware?

Well I mean I understand what you mean but still would want to upgrade something. Any ideas?
Cs2 is still very limited, did not have the chance to try it yet but i wish

| Case: Cooler Master Elite 371 | Cpu: i5 4690K @ 4.20 GHz | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 |

| Gpu: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 | SSD: Crucial MX100 256 GB | HDD: Samsung 128GB Ram: Kingston 8GB DDR3 1333MHz | 

| Screen: Benq XL2411Z | Mouse: Logitech G 403 | Mousepad: SteelSeries QcK+ NiP Edition | Keyboard: Steelseries 6GV2 | Headset: Kingston Hyper X Cloud |

What case do you have?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

4 minutes ago, brob said:

What case do you have?

Phanteks p360x with this airflow:

123.png.08e94fd2df97efc2613a0a5a60f7655e

1 hour ago, alvez said:

but still would want to upgrade something

curb the urge to consoom and wait for RDNA2 based GPU to crash even lower on used market, same with Zen 3. Diamond hands. But yeah as reference a 4:3 stretch is pretty much all CPU biased, you need to care more on CPU as your priority.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

4 hours ago, SorryClaire said:

curb the urge to consoom and wait for RDNA2 based GPU to crash even lower on used market, same with Zen 3. Diamond hands. But yeah as reference a 4:3 stretch is pretty much all CPU biased, you need to care more on CPU as your priority.

you think 5800x3d or 5900x for my board? Been seeing it gets a litte hot

52 minutes ago, alvez said:

you think 5800x3d or 5900x for my board? Been seeing it gets a litte hot

...i guess youre going to ignore it.

To answer that, you can go with either, your VRM should be able to handle both dead stock. But for pure gaming on CS? They do scale on 3D Vcache so 5800X3D would be a far better deal than 5900X unless if you never ever mentioned that you need the extra core for x264 encoding or something like that in which case you do wanna consider 5900X. But yeah, considering you already on nvidia, you can just hop into NVENC.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Well you are right, I am going to ignore it if its safe ofcourse.

I am still thinking on it but I think its the best option to go for the 5800x3d instead of a gpu upgrade just for cs