Weird pc shutdown issue .. please help .

JayBee805

So my pc shut down randomly last night , kept shutting off , today got home from work, plugged in the power cord in real tight , turned off xmp from ram , and switched power plan to high performance (was ultimate performance) , and now my pc is working flawlessly?? I’m still kind of worried though? 

4096C409-7E6E-45BF-A796-B77999BB5BFA.jpeg

33 minutes ago, JayBee805 said:

Help please ?

help with what?..  that it lost power? 

what are your system specs? 

Well , it shut down , kept shutting down last night  , so today I decided to plug the power cord real good into my psu , I turned off xmp , and switched my power plan to high performance instead of ultimate , and now my pc is working flawlessly, it’s just weird to me and idk if I should still continue to search for the problem that happened last night or if I fixed it ? But idk if it was me turning off xmp or switching power plan , or heck even plug-in the power cord real good not loose ..? My system spec is i7 13700k , z790 ASUS mobo , 32gb g skill ddr5 6400 ram , rtx 4090 , 1000w msi pcie 5.0 psu .. thank you for your reply 

1 hour ago, JayBee805 said:

Well , it shut down , kept shutting down last night  , so today I decided to plug the power cord real good into my psu , I turned off xmp , and switched my power plan to high performance instead of ultimate , and now my pc is working flawlessly, it’s just weird to me and idk if I should still continue to search for the problem that happened last night or if I fixed it ? But idk if it was me turning off xmp or switching power plan , or heck even plug-in the power cord real good not loose ..? My system spec is i7 13700k , z790 ASUS mobo , 32gb g skill ddr5 6400 ram , rtx 4090 , 1000w msi pcie 5.0 psu .. thank you for your reply 

Is light flickering often at your place? 

if not.. take out your GPU.. and run it on igpu and check if it still shuts down. 

has anything else changed latly? updated drivers? windows update? just before it started shutting down? 

check temp's on your system with HWinfo64 too.. if it get's high before shutting down you have cooling issues. 

12 hours ago, Robchil said:

Is light flickering often at your place? 

if not.. take out your GPU.. and run it on igpu and check if it still shuts down. 

has anything else changed latly? updated drivers? windows update? just before it started shutting down? 

check temp's on your system with HWinfo64 too.. if it get's high before shutting down you have cooling issues. 

No light flickering , can I still run pc with out gpu? Sorry pretty new to pc , no I keep everything up to date , I will try HWinfo64.