Fiber optic/modem problems

Go to solution Solved by Orisima,

I'm not sure I will have to check with my provider on what I will need to do with them if doing a factory reset does not work. But as far as I know this is still a fairly modern modem for my provider. But I will be calling them as soon as I can to get to the bottom of this reguardless. So I will get to the bottom of it even if this factory reset does not fix my issue.

I had just got fiber optic installed yeaterday and ever since Then my internet has been shutting off every 30 or so minutes. I am using a modem called "windstream WI-FI Modem-T3200. It won't matter but i'm currently using windows 11. I also checked my IP lease time and it's giving me 24 hours. (Seen an old post talking about it) any help is appreciated. And If any other info is needed I'm more then happy to give it.

Please elaborate on "internet is shutting off":

- is your modem crashing so you have to restart (unplug/replug) or is it only a connection loss?

Depending on the answer to this question there are different solutions:

- If your modem freezes/crashes, try the following:

1. Reset to factory defaults and reconfigure. If that doesn't help,

2. do a Firmware update. If that doesn't solve the problem either,

3. Contact your dealer and request a warranty swap.

- if your connection ist lost, then contact your ISP, maybe there is a problem on their end. They should send a technician who can check the connection with his equipment.

Yes it just seems like the internet itself stops working after 30 mins. I have no real idea if the modem is crashing/freezing though. I just know that unplugging/plugging it back up is what fixes the issue temporarily. I will try to do the factory reset and see if that helps but I will have to check on how to do that again. It's been years since I have had to do that. The connections def is lost every 30 mins though. It cuts my wired connection and a short time after that the wifi stops as well. After I plug it back in it turns on flashes green then turns to orange/red and then goes to green. And slowly after that the wifi light does the same.

Seems like a modem failure to me.

How old is the modem? Maybe you want to look for a newer model (also under consideration of the fact, that old modem models oftne don't get security updates anymore).

I'm not sure I will have to check with my provider on what I will need to do with them if doing a factory reset does not work. But as far as I know this is still a fairly modern modem for my provider. But I will be calling them as soon as I can to get to the bottom of this reguardless. So I will get to the bottom of it even if this factory reset does not fix my issue.