Display freezes, computer does not

gamegodtre

I have a 9700k and a 3080. After getting the new driver for my 3080 my screen, a 900h sony tv, will freeze when i open chrome, edge, steam, or basically any game in fullscreen. I can fix this by using my tv remote to swap inputs from 2 to 3 then 3 to 2. I have swaped hdmi cords and it did not help. I went from win 10 to 11, this did not help. I have every windows update as of this morning. The only thing i have not tried is hooking the computer up to my other tv that it used to be hooked up to. Im not sure what is wrong.

2 hours ago, gamegodtre said:

I have a 9700k and a 3080. After getting the new driver for my 3080 my screen, a 900h sony tv, will freeze when i open chrome, edge, steam, or basically any game in fullscreen. I can fix this by using my tv remote to swap inputs from 2 to 3 then 3 to 2. I have swaped hdmi cords and it did not help. I went from win 10 to 11, this did not help. I have every windows update as of this morning. The only thing i have not tried is hooking the computer up to my other tv that it used to be hooked up to. Im not sure what is wrong.

Okay, first of all if its really the monitor which causes the problem then you shouldnt really get into the process of reinstalling windows and such software stuff. Secondly, have you tested your system on another monitor (I do not know why a monitor should do such artifacts but maybe)?

2 hours ago, av1ty said:

Okay, first of all if its really the monitor which causes the problem then you shouldnt really get into the process of reinstalling windows and such software stuff. Secondly, have you tested your system on another monitor (I do not know why a monitor should do such artifacts but maybe)?

I just hooked it up to my samsung 49 inch tv and the problem is no more. For some reason my 900h on all its inputs has the issue which sucks as its my living room tv and is considerably larger then my bedroom tv.

30 minutes ago, gamegodtre said:

I just hooked it up to my samsung 49 inch tv and the problem is no more. For some reason my 900h on all its inputs has the issue which sucks as its my living room tv and is considerably larger then my bedroom tv.

Refund it then.