Troubleshooting possible GPU damage

Umegadem

Hi all, have possible GPU damage and would like to verify it. Currently running the powercolor 6600xt. Previously before shutting down my computer, have chosen the update and shut down option. However after updating, there was no video output. Note that I am running SSUPD Meshlicious, hence the use of a PCIE 3.0 Riser cable

Steps I tried troubleshooting:

1) unplugged my GPU PCIE riser cable from motherboard and plugged HDMI into the motherboard, hence using on board graphics, PC boots and everything works fine (RAM and components have been detected.)

2) repeatedly turning off and on my computer with the GPU connected. Only have successfully booted once and it immediately turned off upon booting (there were random pixels over the monitor)

Attached is a video of whatever that happened when my PC managed to boot with the GPU connected. There are some white dots that are left behind when the pointer is moved. I am suspecting that this might be a GPU issue (or possibly the riser cable).

Any help is appreciated. Thanks all!

3 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

Might be a damaged riser cable. Can you remove the board from the case and just stick the GPU straight in?

Yep, on it right now, rather challenging to disassemble the entire thing haha

35 minutes ago, Umegadem said:

Hi all, have possible GPU damage and would like to verify it. Currently running the powercolor 6600xt. Previously before shutting down my computer, have chosen the update and shut down option. However after updating, there was no video output. Note that I am running SSUPD Meshlicious, hence the use of a PCIE 3.0 Riser cable

Steps I tried troubleshooting:

1) unplugged my GPU PCIE riser cable from motherboard and plugged HDMI into the motherboard, hence using on board graphics, PC boots and everything works fine (RAM and components have been detected.)

2) repeatedly turning off and on my computer with the GPU connected. Only have successfully booted once and it immediately turned off upon booting (there were random pixels over the monitor)

Attached is a video of whatever that happened when my PC managed to boot with the GPU connected. There are some white dots that are left behind when the pointer is moved. I am suspecting that this might be a GPU issue (or possibly the riser cable).

Any help is appreciated. Thanks all!

It appears that that even when removed riser cable, the GPU is yet to be detected. AMD Radeon software also does not detect the GPU. Would this be possible call for a broken GPU?

IMG_20220315_224822.jpg