Streacom DA2 build

Tacitus

Hi everyone

Think I've got my parts list nailed down now.  I've not built a PC in about 7 or 8 years, so would someone mind sense-checking my parts list for any obvious omissions or incompatibilites?  Open to sensible suggestions.

Main purpose of this machine is living room gaming, probably at 4k on a 50hz panel.  I've got the GPU already.

Thanks all!

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/fVZZ8r

CPU: Intel Core i5-10400F 2.9 GHz 6-Core Processor  (£116.98 @ CCL Computers) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S chromax.black 46.4 CFM CPU Cooler  (£62.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: MSI MPG B560I GAMING EDGE WIFI Mini ITX LGA1200 Motherboard  (£171.48 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  (£54.99 @ Box Limited) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (£69.98 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8 GB Founders Edition Video Card 
Case: Streacom DA2 V2 Mini ITX Desktop Case  (£211.49 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Power Supply: Corsair SF 600 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply  (£89.00 @ Ebuyer) 
Case Fan: Noctua A9 PWM chromax.black.swap 46.44 CFM 92 mm Fan  (£19.98 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £796.89
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-02-19 19:42 GMT+0000

Did you consider the Cooler Master NR200 and NR200P cases?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

14 hours ago, brob said:

Did you consider the Cooler Master NR200 and NR200P cases?

I did, but settled on the DA2 for it's aesthetics.  It's for the living room so it needs to not look unsightly.

Thanks

2 hours ago, Tacitus said:

I did, but settled on the DA2 for it's aesthetics.  It's for the living room so it needs to not look unsightly.

Thanks

I understand.

Does the budget permit using an i5-12400 with a b660 or h670 motherboard?

Presumably the A9 is a second fan for the NH-U9S. I'm not sure that is sufficient for optimal cooling. With the cooler oriented to exhaust up you might achieve higher airflow at lower rpm using two 120 mm exhaust fans in the top instead. The motherboard has 3 pwm fan headers so a splitter will not be necessary.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

On 2/20/2022 at 3:13 PM, brob said:

I understand.

Does the budget permit using an i5-12400 with a b660 or h670 motherboard?

Presumably the A9 is a second fan for the NH-U9S. I'm not sure that is sufficient for optimal cooling. With the cooler oriented to exhaust up you might achieve higher airflow at lower rpm using two 120 mm exhaust fans in the top instead. The motherboard has 3 pwm fan headers so a splitter will not be necessary.

Thanks - I did look at it, but I didn't feel I was getting a lot more performance for the extra £100 or so it would have cost.