Teddyohs

My PC Parts List:

-i5-12600k

-ASUS TUF Z-690 WI-FI Plus D4

-WD Black 1tb M.2 NVME SSD (new)

-Skyhix 512GB M.2 NVME SSD (old)

-Corsair CX-M 750w power supply

-Corsair 16GB RAM 3000hz (2x8) DDR4

I recently tried to upgrade my pc using most parts from my old one. Upgrading my Motherboard and cpu, and adding a 1TB NVME M.2 SSD. 

So I built the pc and updated my bios using the usb where I had windows 11, all motherboard drivers were updated. 

On the first M.2 drive I had on my previous pc I was running windows 10. I tried to run the pc without it and still same result, all my storage devices appear under "RAID" devices, and the USB as a device. But none seem to boot up.

Bios update was successful (version 1003) and I've tried to boot up windows. Nothing happens when I remove the old m.2 and when I leave it in and try to boot I get the Blue screen with code "inaccessible_boot_drive" and I've tried placing the M.2 in all 4 slots and tried each of the 2 separately and either it goes straight to bios or blue screen.

Any recommendations or advice appreciated!

9 hours ago, Teddyohs said:

My PC Parts List:

-i5-12600k

-ASUS TUF Z-690 WI-FI Plus D4

-WD Black 1tb M.2 NVME SSD (new)

-Skyhix 512GB M.2 NVME SSD (old)

-Corsair CX-M 750w power supply

-Corsair 16GB RAM 3000hz (2x8) DDR4

I recently tried to upgrade my pc using most parts from my old one. Upgrading my Motherboard and cpu, and adding a 1TB NVME M.2 SSD. 

So I built the pc and updated my bios using the usb where I had windows 11, all motherboard drivers were updated. 

On the first M.2 drive I had on my previous pc I was running windows 10. I tried to run the pc without it and still same result, all my storage devices appear under "RAID" devices, and the USB as a device. But none seem to boot up.

Bios update was successful (version 1003) and I've tried to boot up windows. Nothing happens when I remove the old m.2 and when I leave it in and try to boot I get the Blue screen with code "inaccessible_boot_drive" and I've tried placing the M.2 in all 4 slots and tried each of the 2 separately and either it goes straight to bios or blue screen.

Any recommendations or advice appreciated!

So just to be clear. At one point you did install windows 11 correct? But another drive had windows 10?

Little confused on that. 
Did you make SURE you only had one drive plugged in when you did that? And what drive should have that OS?

Rarely windows will install the boot loader on a different drive then what it should, and this can cause crazy boot issues.

What happens when you only put the old W10 drive in only?

And did you verify with the W10 drive that it's boot loader format was correct? If the drive was setup with legacy MBR but your MB firmware defaults to use UEFI boot then your device indeed won't boot.

TL;DR check boot config in your UEFI BIOS settings and see is CSM is enabled and if the boot config sees you drive then. If not then disable CSM and see if your drive is seen then. 
You may need to set your drive boot mode also to UEFI and legacy or auto 

(To be clear, CSM is one option and drive boot mode is another)

It appears under RAID and I've tried both CSM enabled/disabled and it gives same blue screen

image.jpg

have you enabled a raid controller? . are you going to install fresh? you will need to have raid/uefi drivers ready on a usb or somewhere you can load them from. 

tried to turn off raid? 

So I've made progress following the tips. I am now able to go into windows installation via disabling VMD controller and the m.2 appears but now says it's inaccessible.

D018E4DE-3FF6-4CA3-A1C3-4A189461F4E1.jpeg

14 hours ago, Teddyohs said:

So I've made progress following the tips. I am now able to go into windows installation via disabling VMD controller and the m.2 appears but now says it's inaccessible.

D018E4DE-3FF6-4CA3-A1C3-4A189461F4E1.jpeg

So just a heads up if you don't click the reply/quote button we can't see you sent something. 
So you disabled RAID mode correct?

Unless you set it up and want that you should not be running RAID. Typically I think the stable mode is AHCI. 

And did you try CSM mode off with boot mode set to UEFI on now that your system gets past the blue screen?

And to be clear, I would make sure only that drive you want to have windows on is plugged in