My computer is acting up

BakaDolev
Go to solution Solved by Frizz,
4 minutes ago, BakaDolev said:

Operating System: Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit (10.0, Build 22538) (22538.rs_prerelease.220114-1500)

System Model: MS-7B51
  BIOS: 1.30 (type: UEFI)
  Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz (6 CPUs), ~3.7GHz
  Memory: 16384MB RAM

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti

About a year ago i noticed my computer is starting to slow down and giving my trouble (it was before i switched to windows 11)

games that i used to play like warzone and apex started to drop frames and there was a delay when i clicked keys.

I tried to reformat my whole computer and some problems are fixed but my computer is still slow and i dont know if i should replace my CPU or GPU.

My cpu temps stays low even when im gaming but my gpu can go to 89 degrees on light games like csgo.

My cpu usage spikes randomly between 7 up to 30 percent when im just using google or doing simple tasks.

I used driver booster to update all of my drivers and used Geforce experience to update my graphics card driver.

https://gyazo.com/9966702ac3e3c25c8347e3cf6bf69db3
This is right now as im making this post.

Help please?

Your GPU paste could need a re-pasting on thermal paste and new pads. If you know how to properly or know someone who can.

Also, is you RAM overclocked via XMP?

Have you ran memtest86 to make sure you don't have errors?

What happens after a CMOS clear?

Are you running the newest UEFI BIOS?

Lastly, what does crystal disk info show about the drive? 
You didn't mention if it was an HDD or SSD, but an old HDD could use an upgrade, just clone the drive to an SSD and I almost guarantee that will up overall snappy feel

Operating System: Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit (10.0, Build 22538) (22538.rs_prerelease.220114-1500)

About a year ago i noticed my computer is starting to slow down and giving my trouble (it was before i switched to windows 11)

games that i used to play like warzone and apex started to drop frames and there was a delay when i clicked keys.

I tried to reformat my whole computer and some problems are fixed but my computer is still slow and i dont know if i should replace my CPU or GPU.

My cpu temps stays low even when im gaming but my gpu can go to 89 degrees on light games like csgo.

My cpu usage spikes randomly between 7 up to 30 percent when im just using google or doing simple tasks.

I used driver booster to update all of my drivers and used Geforce experience to update my graphics card driver.

Help please?

4 minutes ago, BakaDolev said:

Help please?

Your GPU paste could need a re-pasting on thermal paste and new pads. If you know how to properly or know someone who can.

You didn't mention if it was an HDD or SSD, but an old HDD could use an upgrade, just clone the drive to an SSD and I almost guarantee that will up overall snappy feel

14 minutes ago, Frizz said:

I ordered a new thermal paste today to try.

(XMP question) did that a month ago, didn't really notice much of a difference

I dont have a usb stick to update my bios or run the memtest86, waiting to get one i ordered right now.

(Cmos question) nothing happened

A few months ago i bought a new m.2 ssd though maybe that was the problem. didnt do a thing.

i will update tomorrow i guess about the situation.

36 minutes ago, BakaDolev said:

I ordered a new thermal paste today to try.

(XMP question) did that a month ago, didn't really notice much of a difference

I dont have a usb stick to update my bios or run the memtest86, waiting to get one i ordered right now.

(Cmos question) nothing happened

A few months ago i bought a new m.2 ssd though maybe that was the problem. didnt do a thing.

i will update tomorrow i guess about the situation.

You shouldn't need a usb stick for the BIOS. Most systems have a local executable you can use. But cool!

You can also try searching locally "Windows memory diagnostic " for a basic memory tester.

2 minutes ago, Frizz said:

You shouldn't need a usb stick for the BIOS. Most systems have a local executable you can use. But cool!

You can also try searching locally "Windows memory diagnostic " for a basic memory tester.

when i searched how to update my spacific bios i saw that i need a usb stick.

you are welcome to check if u want, i want to be wrong.

will try that now.

31 minutes ago, BakaDolev said:

when i searched how to update my spacific bios i saw that i need a usb stick.

you are welcome to check if u want, i want to be wrong.

will try that now.

I might be too lol. What is the exact make and model of your motherboard? Like MSI something or ASUS something 

5 hours ago, BakaDolev said:

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/mpg-z390-gaming-plus
right now my computer is kinda fine i guess, but i will replace my cpu and motherboard.

i have a different question now.

image.png.a53fed915b8579d32119296f0c432517.png

why is my system taking so much cpu

You were right your specific system needs a USB drive. But hey you're getting one.

Anyway for this question, what does event viewer-> system show?

Any warnings, errors or critical?

Ignore distributed COM, it means nothing 

22 minutes ago, Frizz said:

You were right your specific system needs a USB drive. But hey you're getting one.

Anyway for this question, what does event viewer-> system show?

Any warnings, errors or critical?

Ignore distributed COM, it means nothing 

I dont know how to use event viewer unfortunately

please guide me