PC upgrade recommendations

Ephem

Budget (including currency): £1000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Destiny 2, Halo Infinite, Cyberpunk 2077, Final Fantasy XIV

Current build

Motherboard: B450-A Pro Max

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X 

GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 2060 super

Storage: 1Tb SSD (Not m.2), 1Tb Hdd

RAM: 16GB DDR4

Monitor: Generic PnP display (Found in a skip outside work, model number worn away. Not Freesync or Gsync compatible)

Cooling: 5 120mm fans for case cooling, stock cpu cooler.

Case: Corsair 275R Airflow

I'm coming into a bit of money at the end of the year and wanted to upgrade my PC but have no clue what direction to go. My brother helped build it, but unfortunately he's not around to help anymore.

I know a focus point i need is a better monitor, but I dont know whats good and what's not. I would greatly appreciate any advice for potential upgrades for my PC.

Also, not as important, but any recommendations for keyboards and mice would be great, preferably ones with additional buttons for macros or MOBA games.

First of, upgrade the RAM, to 32 or 64 depending what you'll need.

Switch to AIO cooler, stock cooler does not let you play games at maximum fps.

I don't think you have enough money to buy a new GPU, but 2060 is good enough!

Storage, upgrade to a 512GB SSD PCIe, and install new Windows on it also, windows 10 pro. Keep the 1TB HDD!

39 minutes ago, Ephem said:

Budget (including currency): £1000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Destiny 2, Halo Infinite, Cyberpunk 2077, Final Fantasy XIV

Current build

Motherboard: B450-A Pro Max

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X 

GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 2060 super

Storage: 1Tb SSD (Not m.2), 1Tb Hdd

RAM: 16GB DDR4

Monitor: Generic PnP display (Found in a skip outside work, model number worn away. Not Freesync or Gsync compatible)

Cooling: 5 120mm fans for case cooling, stock cpu cooler.

Case: Corsair 275R Airflow

I'm coming into a bit of money at the end of the year and wanted to upgrade my PC but have no clue what direction to go. My brother helped build it, but unfortunately he's not around to help anymore.

I know a focus point i need is a better monitor, but I dont know whats good and what's not. I would greatly appreciate any advice for potential upgrades for my PC.

Also, not as important, but any recommendations for keyboards and mice would be great, preferably ones with additional buttons for macros or MOBA games.

sell all as a pre love

you can build new tech gaming machine + great monitor with additional income

If you're playing at 1080p, the 2060S should be good for the games you listed (might struggle for cyberpunk).

Going to a 3700/5800x might be a decent upgrade. I find 8 cores pretty smooth when running FFXIV and might help with smoothness for other games too.

You can also look to add another 16GB kit.

Getting at m.2 nvme drive would also be nice, but won't really change the gaming performance.

Nicer monitor is also a good option. Here's some you can consider:

MSI Optix G241

MSI Optix G271 (27" version of previous)

ViewSonic VX2458-P-MHD

Gigabyte ‎G24F-SA (have the 27" 1440p version, which has been treating me well so far)