Razr naga epic chroma not charging after battery replacement

Juju462

So I bought this mouse second hand like 3 years ago...the battery life was never great but whatever, I justed used it wired....so lately one of my side buttons hasn't been working great...I decide its time for a good cleaning, possible button replacement, and battery replacement....cleaned the button before trying to replace it and that worked fine....I bought the suggested battery from Amazon according to ifixit.com and after plugging it in the leds would just blink and the mouse would not work...after taking it back apart I realized the jpc connector was wired backwards...so swapped the leads in the connector and everything was good to go....after a day or so I realized that even in wired mode the battery wasn't charging....I finally got to sit down and put this thing through an extensive gaming session and after a few hours it would randomly quit working blink 7-10 times then work again....and now it has been doing this every 3-4 min....I swapped the battery circuit protection boards thinking razr may have some sort of proprietary reporting/charging board but the issue persists....any advice or thoughts are welcome please help!