First Build Advice

EnglishKoi

So I just spent 3 hours putting together a list. It's my first time building a PC. The price is based on what I can get in my country plus sales.

-AMD Ryzen 5 3600: $232

-ASUS TUF GAMING B450M-PLUS II $110

-G.SKILL Trident Z RGB DDR4 3000 2x8Gb CL16 $145

-MSI Geforce RTX 2060 VENTUS GP OC $597

-Corsair CV750-80 Plus Bronze $74

-Corsair 275R Airflow White $83

-Noctua NH U12S Chromax Black $96

-SSD Samsung 980 M.2 PCIe NVMe 250GB $82

-Ducky One 2 Mini Pure White $116

Total: $1535

I will use the M.2 SSD as the boot drive, and for HDD storage I plan on using the 2.5" HDD from the PS4 that I swapped out for a free SSD. Also I intend to learn the wei to basic overclocking.

Pls give me your thought. Really hope that by the end of this year the price of the 2060 will go down

4 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

That seems like a good starting build. My only warning is that the PS4 HDD isn't very fast...

Well for my application it doesn't need to be particularly fast so it's fine. I just want the storage

9 minutes ago, EnglishKoi said:

-AMD Ryzen 5 3600: $232

-ASUS TUF GAMING B450M-PLUS II $110

-G.SKILL Trident Z RGB DDR4 3000 2x8Gb CL16 $145

-MSI Geforce RTX 2060 VENTUS GP OC $597

-Corsair CV750-80 Plus Bronze $74

-Corsair 275R Airflow White $83

-Noctua NH U12S Chromax Black $96

-SSD Samsung 980 M.2 PCIe NVMe 250GB $82

-Ducky One 2 Mini Pure White $116

Total: $1535

A CX550 or CX650 is far better than the CV series, and good enough to power a 2060. If you cant find it at reasonable price, try to find Super Flower Leadex Gold, Seasonic Focus, or FSP Hydro G.

For cooler, you can always get away with stock. With that you should be able to afford the 5600x but do be noted youll need a BIOS update in where you buy the motherboard or else your CPU wont boot. For keyboard it very much varies, but imho if you want a small keyboard you can always go for a small 60% magicforce keyboard off of amazon. They have a more stomachable price tag and their board is pretty solid.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

i nevr heard of CV. but CX 2017 grey or CXM or TXM is much better. always invest more in psu

650W is enough

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |

49 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

A CX550 or CX650 is far better than the CV series, and good enough to power a 2060. If you cant find it at reasonable price, try to find Super Flower Leadex Gold, Seasonic Focus, or FSP Hydro G.

For cooler, you can always get away with stock. With that you should be able to afford the 5600x but do be noted youll need a BIOS update in where you buy the motherboard or else your CPU wont boot. For keyboard it very much varies, but imho if you want a small keyboard you can always go for a small 60% magicforce keyboard off of amazon. They have a more stomachable price tag and their board is pretty solid.

I found a Seasonic focus 550W FM-550 80 Plus Gold for $17 more is that good enough?

14 hours ago, EnglishKoi said:

I found a Seasonic focus 550W FM-550 80 Plus Gold for $17 more is that good enough?

550w is enough but we reccomend 650w for more rooom or for upgradbility

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |