Thoughts on this build

Budget (including currency): 1800 CAD (including the GPU some time later)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming (AAA games on 1080P)

The case, PSU, HDD and SSD I already own, I'd probably upgrade the almost 10 year old PSU when I get a graphics card

I'd be gaming using the onboard graphics until I can get a GPU at MSRP/used one at a decent price. Looking for a 3060ti/3070 but could maybe buy a 2060 super or something like that.

Is this a good combination? No overclocking, I figure the cooler is fine for that application. Could dish out some more cash for an i7. Not sure if I want 11th gen since mobo's seem more expensive (?)

I'm also open to AMD alternatives although I only have a crappy radeon hd 7750 GPU and there doesn't seem to be many options for onboard graphics

3 hours ago, Burgereater20 said:

Is this a good combination? No overclocking, I figure the cooler is fine for that application. Could dish out some more cash for an i7. Not sure if I want 11th gen since mobo's seem more expensive (?)

This combination is fine. If you're not overclocking, a third party cooler isn't necessary, especially for an i5. The motherboard is extra, unless you planned on upgrading the CPU or needed some features not available on lower end boards/chipsets. 

Read before asking for help  |  How to respond to a no POST or no power up situation  |  Don't ask to ask, just ask  |  The XY Problem  | Don't just say "Hello" in chat  |  How do I ask a good question?

If my post helped, please give a 'reaction' using the heart 🤍 in the bottom right. 

Make sure to quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

F@H Contribution

BOINC Contribution

HeatWare

"The only difference between a problem and a solution is that people understand the solution."

"Give people permission to make mistakes and the obligation to learn from them."

“The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The willingness to learn is a choice.” - Brian Herbert

"People will never truly understand something until it happens to them."

"I usually give people more chances than they deserve but once I'm done, I'm done."

CPU AMD Ryzen 7 3700X  |  Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Gaming X  |  RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3600MHz  |  GPU ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3070 Ti Trinity OC |  Case BitFenix Ghost  |  Storage HP EX920 1TB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, WD Black 8TB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB  |  PSU Seasonic Prime GX-750  |  Displays Lenovo ThinkVision P27q-20, Dell UP2716D  |  Cooling Noctua NH-D15  |  Operating System Windows 10 Home