Should I be concern?

bryntn

Accidentally plug in 4+4 pin instead of 6+2 on gpu...upon further inspection there are crack on the socket.20210416_171423.thumb.jpg.63f5005e99ddcc4802a92b928185de31.jpg

4 minutes ago, bryntn said:

Accidentally plug in 4+4 pin instead of 6+2 on gpu

Did you power it on?

Plastic damage looks superficial so if the 8pin still fits, you should be OK if you didn't power it on / the PSU wasn't powered. If you did, maybe you're OK, but the pinout is different so you might have blown something...

1 minute ago, OliTheBear said:

Did you power it on?

Plastic damage looks superficial so if the 8pin still fits, you should be OK if you didn't power it on / the PSU wasn't powered. If you did, maybe you're OK, but the pinout is different so you might have blown something...

Ja, if you didn;t power on it should be fine (although I don't know how you had the strength to push it in like that....). If you did turn it on, the 4+4 cpu pin layout is sending 12v to everywhere the gpu wouldn't want it....

i7 8700k @ 5.0Ghz | ASUS Strix Z370-F Gaming | Cryorig R1 Ultimate | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 | ASUS Strix GTX 1080 8GB (A8G) | WD Black 500GB PCIe NVMe | Samsung 750 EVO 120GB | Western Digital Black Series 1TB | Fractal Design Define R6 TG | Corsair RM750x

"Everyone says that I'm incredibly unlucky at the Silicon Lottery. In truth, I just persist in believing that 106°C is an acceptable temperature."

- Me, 2018

3 minutes ago, S h u r i k e n said:

Ja, if you didn;t power on it should be fine (although I don't know how you had the strength to push it in like that....). If you did turn it on, the 4+4 cpu pin layout is sending 12v to everywhere the gpu wouldn't want it....

I did turn it on after using the right cable tho, seem to be working fine?

1 minute ago, bryntn said:

I did turn it on after using the right cable tho, seem to be working fine?

If it's connected fine, and the little clip on top has clipped I'd say you're all good.

i7 8700k @ 5.0Ghz | ASUS Strix Z370-F Gaming | Cryorig R1 Ultimate | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 | ASUS Strix GTX 1080 8GB (A8G) | WD Black 500GB PCIe NVMe | Samsung 750 EVO 120GB | Western Digital Black Series 1TB | Fractal Design Define R6 TG | Corsair RM750x

"Everyone says that I'm incredibly unlucky at the Silicon Lottery. In truth, I just persist in believing that 106°C is an acceptable temperature."

- Me, 2018

1 minute ago, S h u r i k e n said:

If it's connected fine, and the little clip on top has clipped I'd say you're all good.

when i say the 4 + 4 pin i meant the side of the 6+2 that is connected to the power supply(cuz i dont know what it is called xD..still new to pc building)