HDD not detect on Computer

Alec_

I bought a WD RED NAS 4T HDD for my server I recently bought. The drive is detected in my bios but on Disk Partition or in File Explorer it does not come up.

• OS - Windows 10 x64 Retail
  • Original OS - Windows 7 Pro OEM
  • Age of OS installation - Just Installed Today
  • CPU - Xeon E5- 2665
  • NVIDIA Quadro 2000
  • MotherBoard BIOS - A18
  • System Manufacturer - Dell
  • Dell Precision T3600 Tag Number - 8B6X7Y1

So if you go to Disk Manager by right clicking on the start button, it should be listed there. If it is make sure you format it as NTFS and that the drive letter is a letter that doesn’t already exist

My thoughts are it could be a driver issue. So if you find it in device manager and update the driver,  and if that doesn’t work, just make sure that the SATA data and power cables are actually plugged in fully on both ends 

Update your BIOS, very likely the cause. My Prime Z390-A saw my 860 Evo in BIOS, but not Windows until I'd applied the most up-to-date BIOS.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

I plugged in the drive to my Desktop and it works just fine. I formatted it to NTFS and put some stuff on it. Upon plugging it in to my server the same issue occurs. On my BIOS it detects it but on Windows it does not. And A18 is the latest BIOS version.

IMG_20210123_115004.jpg

IMG_20210123_114816.jpg