0d error code on motherboard

BenPaul

Hi I recently upgraded my motherboard from the asus b450f to the asus b550e. I am still using my ryzen 1700 but I upgraded my mobo since I plan to upgrade my cpu when ryzen 5000 is in stock. I also have a Samsung 970 evo 1tb, 16gb of corsair vengeance rgb, H150i and a msi rtx 2070. After I upgraded I kept getting the error code 0d so I tried with different memory configurations. It boots when I put only one stick of ram in the slot furthest from the cpu socket but not when I have a ram stick in the second slot from the cpu socket. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

0D is a reserved error slot. Not used.

So the issue is likely that the processor isn't officially supported by the board. Or so at least by the list they give at the site. The board is designed for 3000 and 5000 series Ryzen processors. Don't call the board bad until you've tried a newer gen processor with it. 

Put the stick in the first slot for now and just use it. Don't bother to keep trying.

Do not flash the bios on the board either until you have a new Cpu in hand.

After you get the new cpu installed, clear the cmos. Leave the stick of memory in slot A1 for first post. 

Once you've confirmed first post, shut it down, clear cmos and configure memory in slots A2 and B2.

That's all I can think of for now. GL

2 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

0D is a reserved error slot. Not used.

So the issue is likely that the processor isn't officially supported by the board. Or so at least by the list they give at the site. The board is designed for 3000 and 5000 series Ryzen processors. Don't call the board bad until you've tried a newer gen processor with it. 

Put the stick in the first slot for now and just use it. Don't bother to keep trying.

Do not flash the bios on the board either until you have a new Cpu in hand.

After you get the new cpu installed, clear the cmos. Leave the stick of memory in slot A1 for first post. 

Once you've confirmed first post, shut it down, clear cmos and configure memory in slots A2 and B2.

That's all I can think of for now. GL

Thank you for your help. I actually solved the issue by reseating the cpu. I think i might have over tightened the cooler causing some issues.