Ethernet randomly disconnecting

Giantpickle

So I've had my new computer put together for 1-2 months now, but I'm having trouble with the ethernet spontaneously disconnecting, and then a few seconds later reconnecting. I'm losing a lot of items in my games now becuase of this, and I really don't know how to fix it. I have an Asrock B450M HDV motherboard, and I'm plugged into an apple wifi router. I've tried switching ethernet cords, and different ports on the router, but nothing has changed so far. 

EDIT: I figured it out, the two ethernet cables I was using both had loose connections. I've switched to a third one and the problem is fixed.

1 hour ago, Giantpickle said:

So I've had my new computer put together for 1-2 months now, but I'm having trouble with the ethernet spontaneously disconnecting, and then a few seconds later reconnecting. I'm losing a lot of items in my games now becuase of this, and I really don't know how to fix it. I have an Asrock B450M HDV motherboard, and I'm plugged into an apple wifi router. I've tried switching ethernet cords, and different ports on the router, but nothing has changed so far. 

When your internet drops, try quickly troubleshooting, it should bring up some error's try that. I'm having similar problems myself, and for the life of me I can't figure out anything

Did you ensure to install the chipset drivers for your motherboard when you installed windows?

"Although there's a problem on the horizon; there's no horizon." - K-2SO

It's also quite possible that your router is resetting and dropping you. I have experienced that issue. The router was borked and was resetting randomly and dropping everything.