Graphic card issue.

Spunchkens

So today i bought a Asus gtx 1070 from a seller. I was really happy and tried plugging in it directly. HOWEVER when i tried turning The pc on, it just shut off after few seconds. The gpu and fan was working so its not a problem with The gpu since i tested it at the seller house.. At first i thought it was using to much power. But i checked and saw it was using 500w, same as my other gpu. I got a 650w psu. If anyone got tips that would be great

1 minute ago, Spunchkens said:

But i checked and saw it was using 500w, same as my other gpu

Your 1070 is certainly not using 500 watts, what is your exact system spec? With PSU model please.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

13 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Your 1070 is certainly not using 500 watts, what is your exact system spec? With PSU model please.

Strange. Cause it do say 500w. PSU is a fractal design 650w with a p67a g45 motherboard

19 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

IMG_20201125_230326.jpg

Just now, Spunchkens said:

Strange. Cause it do say 500w. PSU is a fractal design 650w with a p67a g45 motherboard

A 1070 will consume about 180 watts by itself. You have the correct PCIe connectors for the card right?

You also have multiple PCIe slots on that motherboard, perhaps try the secondary slot.

Also by testing at the seller's house, did you actually load a game?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Fasauceome said:

A 1070 will consume about 180 watts by itself. You have the correct PCIe connectors for the card right?

You also have multiple PCIe slots on that motherboard, perhaps try the secondary slot.

I did use a 6+2 connector. And I can only use 1 slot since cables are in The way. The gpu is to big i marked it. And the first slot is where i use my old gpu. A gtx 970 msi

IMG_20201125_230639.jpg

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

And yes i tested a game