Power Supply Help Please

AcidStopSign

Hey guys, I know trouble shooting is pretty hard without physically seeing things but I wanted to see if anyone has any idea. So currently I have a Seasonic 750 watt gold plus power supply. Recently I got ahold of the white RMX Corsair 850 watt gold plus power supply. So when I installed the new power supply, the motherboard RGB comes on like it's suppose to, but as soon as I hit the power button, everything turns on for a split second then shuts off. The motherboard RGB remains on as well as the ram RGB stays on as well. I hook my old power supply back up, not a single issue. I'm not really sure how to trouble shoot and see what is exactly causing the issue, or if I may have just got a faulty power supply. 

System specs:

Ryzen 3700x

RTX 3080 

32 gigs of 4x8 3600Mhz Ram

Asus Prime x570 Pro Motherboard

Seasonic 750 watt Gold plus

2TB M.2 Sabreant Rocket SSD

1TB SATA Samsung Evo SSD

12 minutes ago, AcidStopSign said:

Hey guys, I know trouble shooting is pretty hard without physically seeing things but I wanted to see if anyone has any idea. So currently I have a Seasonic 750 watt gold plus power supply. Recently I got ahold of the white RMX Corsair 850 watt gold plus power supply. So when I installed the new power supply, the motherboard RGB comes on like it's suppose to, but as soon as I hit the power button, everything turns on for a split second then shuts off. The motherboard RGB remains on as well as the ram RGB stays on as well. I hook my old power supply back up, not a single issue. I'm not really sure how to trouble shoot and see what is exactly causing the issue, or if I may have just got a faulty power supply. 

System specs:

Ryzen 3700x

RTX 3080 

32 gigs of 4x8 3600Mhz Ram

Asus Prime x570 Pro Motherboard

Seasonic 750 watt Gold plus

2TB M.2 Sabreant Rocket SSD

1TB SATA Samsung Evo SSD

try clearing CMOS by removing the battery on the motherboard for 30 seconds then putting it back again

12 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

try clearing CMOS by removing the battery on the motherboard for 30 seconds then putting it back again

Thanks for the fast response, I didn't think of trying that. I'll attempt that tonight to see if it makes a difference. So it's possible my computer is tuned to the 750 watts, and needs to be retuned to distribute a different wattage amount? 

4 hours ago, AcidStopSign said:

Thanks for the fast response, I didn't think of trying that. I'll attempt that tonight to see if it makes a difference. So it's possible my computer is tuned to the 750 watts, and needs to be retuned to distribute a different wattage amount? 

yeah i mean im not a professional but what you are saying kinda makes sense to my eyes.