Help Booting Computer :s

Hello everybody :)!

I'm quite new here, so I'm going to make this as short as possible.

Everytime I boot up my pc, it wont start up. On a normal  boot, the Biosettings etc, will show up. But in my case it doesn't. Quite recently I've moved over to a new computer case. I went from a really old case to a Fractal Design Define r4, highly recommended! Anyway, those issues started right after I moved case. My currently hypotese on why its not booting up properly, is because my ssd and my hdd wont cooperate ( if that's it )

What I have to do in order for my computer to boot up properly is to plug out the satacable connected to my hdd ( not my boot drive) in order for it to start up normally, and then shortly after the Biosettings & all of that shows up, I can THEN plug in my hdd.

Help is highly appreciated.

- Eladarian :)

so by plugging in sata cable after...are you able to log in windows..

No :) I'll have to plug in the sata cable to my HDD after I boot ONLY from my ssd :/

Watch newegg computer build part 3 on youtube

it talks about boot discs hdds etc etc might help?

Intel I7 2600k @ 4.5ghz, Asetek 510 LC Xtremegear liquid cooling system, PALIT GTX 780 Super Jetstream OC, 8Gb Kingston Hyper X blu series 1600mhz, 64Gb Crucial M4 series SATA III Gaming MLC SSD, 1TB Western Digital HDD 6.0gb/s,  Asus P8z68-v Pro Motherboard, Corsair Vengance K90 Keyboard,950Watt Cyberpower PSU, Cyborg RAT 5 ,  Coolermaster CM 690II case, Dell Ultrasharp U2412M 1920 x 1200

I'll move this to trouble shooting. Have a look at your BIOS boot order. You should have the CD drive first followed by e OS disk followed by whatver else.

Depending how tech savvy you are, try removing the CMOS battery for a few seconds. That should allow the BIOS to reset. If that doesnt work, then get into your BIOS (usually F8 / F10 / del key at boot) and find your Boot Order. As windspeed said -

1st CD/DvD drive (if you have a disc in the drive your computer may try to boot to it, make sure to remove any disc)

2nd The drive Windows is on (i think this was your ssd)

3rd Storage drive (your HDD)

Save and reboot, and cross your fingers!

my ts for this unplug everything but ram cpu monitor and keyboard no cd drives, no disk drives nothing but bare minimal wanna go extra mile remove motherboard place on cardboard make sure isnt a short from case to motherboard.. at that point slowly add peripherals while still out of case if good place in happens again it has be a short check standoffs 

PC SPECS: ASUS Maximus Extreme IV-Z with i7-2600K @ 4.5GHz 1.38v, GSkill Sniper series 4x4GB DDR3-2133MHz 9-11-10-28 1.65v, ASUS ENGTX260 TOP, OCZ ZX 850Watt,Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 120GB SSD OS drive, Dual ASUS VH238H 23" LED monitors, 5TB storgae 2x2TB HDD and 1 TB black download drive, Antec DF-85 case with 4x120mm and 2x140mm fans, Gemini II cpu cooler with 2x120mm fans.  Logitech G19 keyboard

Well first off, does your computer even turn on? If it does, then two, is it possible that the motherboard is grounding itself to the case thus short-circuiting?

Did you make sure to install the motherboard standoffs into the case if the case comes with them? If you didn't it could be grounding its self to the case like Nictendo said.

Hope it helps?

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i | GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 770 Direct CU II OC | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LX | PSU: Coolermaster G750M | RAM: Patriot Viper 3 16GB 1600MHz | Boot Drive: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Storage Drives: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Green 1.5TB | Case: Nzxt Phantom 410 (White, Black Trim) | Lighting: 30cm Blue LED | OS: Windows 10 Pro<p>

Thanks for all the replies, I appreciate it :)

Though that didn't really solve my issue :/ I think its better if I demonstrate the issue in a video :) I'll post a video about the issue perhaps tomorrow :)

I'd say it's either Boot Order in the BIOS or a bad "power good" signal from the power supply.

With respect to boot order, make sure in the BIOS that the SSD is set as the primary boot drive, and not the hard drive - particularly if it says something like "no boot device found" when it fails to start. This can particularly be a problem if your SSD is not the C: drive.

If you can, try a different power supply. It doesn't need to be as powerful a PSU just to test the boot up.

A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.

i5-6600, 16Gigs, ITX Corsair 250D, R9 390, 120Gig M.2 boot, 500Gig SATA SSD, no HDD

• 2 weeks later...

It's all fixed now :) Thank you guys for all the wonderful support :) Gosh I love this forum already :3

So, what was the fix?

A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.

i5-6600, 16Gigs, ITX Corsair 250D, R9 390, 120Gig M.2 boot, 500Gig SATA SSD, no HDD

It was the bootorder ;) Tweeked it a little bit, and after that, it worked just fine :)

sorry..could you post the item as solved..see the sticky on the troubleshooting first page..

Your best effort is the easiest thing to give to someone else..