Problem with Nvidia audio output

MISTERDIEABETIC

So I have a RTX 2070 Super and I've got a 65" Samsung TV hooked up Via HDMI, and I also just added one of my old work monitors to sit off to the side to show data for the CPU, GPU etc. 

Now that I've hooked up my monitor (Samsung Model # C32F391) my computer changes the one of the audio out channels from the TV (Samsung Model# UN65KS8500FXZA). 

I've gone into Nvidia control panel > Setup digital audio , and the only option it gives me to enable or disable is for the TV on the HDMI port. The 2 empty Display ports and Type C port just say "No audio capable device available", and for the monitor it just says "Samsung C32F391" and you can't select it or do anything. 

I couldn't find anything online, except that Windows 10 has a bunch of audio issues that haven't been fixed, and I've looked as hard as I could on my PC to try and find and settings that I could change that might help. But alas, nothing. I've also downloaded the driver for the monitor and installed it, obviously it didn't change anything. Oddly though, when installing the drivers, at one point it asked which device wouldn't I like to install the drivers for. It showed two different monitors but neither were labeled except "Samsung" and under each it gave 2 selections. 1 for Analog, and 2 for HDMI. Well mine wasn't running on either (It's on DisplayPort) I could understand if it asked was it Analog or Digital signal, but it didn't. So I tried them both and still, no difference. If I go to "Sound", then click the "Playback" tab and scroll down and disable the one for the monitor, then it just disappears from the list of available devices and nothing else shows up in it's place. 

Why windows won't let you select a monitor as not having any speakers in the first place is beyond me, Most of them don't!! 

The only reason I am trying to fix this is when I want to lie down and watch something on my monitor, but have the audio play out of the TV. I do have headphones but not exactly comfy when lying on your side. Also for when I have someone watching a movie or TV show with me (and the reason I can't just disconnect the Monitor and watch and listen on the TV is because I have a new over-bed table and it keeps me from seeing a  good part of the TV when lying down). 

If anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it!! If you need any more info just let me know and I'll get it to you as soon as I can. 

I wish Microsoft would have fixed this issue years ago, but they've got money pouring out their ears so that's probably why they don't hear the mountains of customers complains about actual issues! (Just found out today you have to actually download a damn app from the Windows store just to send feedback after you do something like have the Troubleshooter try and fix the issue and fails so it can send the issue to Microsoft. 

screenshot.1597471081.jpg

screenshot.1597471549.jpg

Bedroom_Setup_8-15-2020.jpg

Folding Stats

CPU- Ryzen 9 3900x,  GPU- NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super , Case- Corsair 680X , RAM -Corsair Vengeance RGB (x2) 16GB 3200MHz

AIO- Corsair H115i Platinum RGB Cooler,  PSU-Corsair HX750i  , MOBO- MSI X570 MEG Unify  , And (x6) Corsair LL120 fans

Corsair K95 Platinum Keyboard, Logitech G700s mouse , Samsung Curved 65" 4K TV & (x2) 32" curved Samsung Monitors (currently sitting in their boxes as I've got nowhere to put them)

FAQ: 

1. Yes, I've got the 'beetus

2. No, I'm not fat. It's Type 1, not Type 2

3. Yes, I can in fact eat sugar and not die. That's what Insulin is for. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have been having this exact same issue with my setup on my Alienware 17 R4 laptop. My primary monitor on HDMI and goes through my Yamaha receiver and secondary monitor on Displayport. It irritated me so much I went a google search spree for hours. The best solution I found that worked for me was to make a .bat script to restart all the audio services. To make it, start with opening notepad and paste this text:

@ECHO OFF
net stop AudioEndpointBuilder
net start AudioEndpointBuilder
net start audiosrv

then press [Ctrl + S] to save. Pick a location where you want to save the file (I personally did the desktop), click on the drop-down for "save as type" and select "All Files (*.*)". Then type a file name and add ".bat" at the end (if ".txt" is already in the naming field, replace it with ".bat" to prevent conflicts) then click "save". The script file must be run as administrator or it will not work. You may need to restart the software you are using for your media to get it to go though the speakers.

I hope this helps you out as well as others who may be having a similar issue.