Razer Blade Screen Issue

I started having issues with my razer blade 13" (2019 model) recently.  I just turned it on one day and now the screen has vertical lines running from the bottom to almost the top of the screen, and it is also flickering.  I was going to try to contact razer support, but once I entered my serial number they informed me that since I am out of the limited warranty (1 year), I am no longer eligible for free support.  Has anyone seen anything like this before?  I tried to update the display drivers, but did not help.  Is it possibly a hardware issue then?

Here is what it looks like.  There is about a half inch of the screen at the top that is unaffected and never gets any lines or flickering. It also does this from the moment it boots up.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

IMG_20200802_160117.jpg

The display cable has probably gotten loose and half slipped out of the port. try taking the plastic casing off of your screen, then make sure that the cable is secure at both ports.

hope this helps

2 hours ago, Nicholas Jones said:

The display cable has probably gotten loose and half slipped out of the port. try taking the plastic casing off of your screen, then make sure that the cable is secure at both ports.

hope this helps

I was able to get to the display cable on the motherboard and take it off and reattach, but no change.  I will have to get new tools and look to see if it is possible to take the display case off and possibly reattach the cable.  Thank you for the suggestion.