CMOS need pulling every boot

So everytime I need to restart my computer is have to take the battery if the motherboard then return it using the following steps 

1 power of unplugged with power supply off

2. Remove battery 

3.return it

4. Plug in power up  

I have placed a new battery into the motherboard (MSI Z77A - G43)

running

intel i3 3570k 

Ddr3 ram 8gb 

It's a CR2032 model battery, they are very cheap, I'd suggest replacing it - sounds like it is dead.

1 minute ago, si1enze said:

It's a CR2032 model battery, they are very cheap, I'd suggest replacing it - sounds like it is dead.

No way I've replaced a bunch of them thinking they where the problem I put a brand new one in this morning and same problems persist 

Oh my bad I missed that part.. have you tried resetting the CMOS?  What motherboard is it?

Wow I'm bad at reading tonight lol

Oh my bad I missed that part.. have you tried resetting the CMOS?  What motherboard is it?

MSI Z77A - G43

I would suggest double checking your power connections to the motherboard, the 20 or 24 pin ATX connection and the 12v cpu power which will be a 4 pin or 8 pin if you haven't already done so.

If that doesn't help the next thing I would do is try a different power supply if able..

Yeah I double checked them just to make sure 

I would suggest double checking your power connections to the motherboard, the 20 or 24 pin ATX connection and the 12v cpu power which will be a 4 pin or 8 pin if you haven't already done so.

Power supply is off brand but it works pretty well  it's also new it's just called artic blue 

I've used them before had no problems so I though I'd stick to them I recently upgraded to 850w PSU for my dual GPUs 

I did some googling and found quite a few forum threads of that board dying on people.. but another one I found with the battery issue fixed it by using a different PSU for a few boots, then going back to the original.. which I wouldn't call a good thing..

I did some googling and found quite a few forum threads of that board dying on people.. but another one I found with the battery issue fixed it by using a different PSU for a few boots, then going back to the original.. which I wouldn't call a good thing..

I don't have a spare PSU :( I ccant even use bios setting as they just end up getting reset when I pull battery on restart 

Just now, Deathsingx10 said:

I don't have a spare PSU :( I ccant even use bios setting as they just end up getting reset when I pull battery on restart 

This problem only happens when I have to full shut down the pc not if windows is doing an update (sometimes it does need doing) maybe motherboards nackered wouldn't surprise me had it since it launched lol

Sorry, that sucks. =\

I see.. it's probably reaching it's age unfortunately..

Just now, si1enze said:

Sorry, that sucks. =\

I guess I'll upgrade to Ryzen 3200g

Asus prime b450m lol amd boards in my personal experience seem to be built better 

Depends on the motherboard manufacturer than the CPU manufacturer but yeah.. look at my signature lol

More than*

Just

3 minutes ago, si1enze said:

More than*

I'll upgrade and sell  the intel i5 3750k  CPU atleast I can get some money to cover upgrade costs haha 😂

Edited by Deathsingx10

16 minutes ago, Deathsingx10 said:

I guess I'll upgrade to Ryzen 3200g

Asus prime b450m lol amd boards in my personal experience seem to be built better 

Budget for a better PSU if you are...

[ P R O J E C T _ M E L L I F E R A ]

[ 5900X @4.7GHz PBO2 | X570S Aorus Pro | 32GB GSkill Trident Z 3600MHz CL16 | EK-Quantum Reflection ]
[ ASUS RTX4080 TUF OC @3000MHz | O11D-XL | HardwareLabs GTS and GTX 360mm | XSPC D5 SATA ]

[ TechN / Phanteks G40 Blocks | Corsair AX750 | ROG Swift PG279Q | Q-Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4 ]

P R O J E C T | S A N D W A S P

6900K | RTX2080 | 32GB DDR4-3000 | Custom Loop 

3 minutes ago, HM-2 said:

Budget for a better PSU if you are...

fortunately my psu isn't bad and I trust them 

I know Corsair etc are good for quality but affordability is rediculous I can just about afford

Ryzen3200g 

Motherboard

And ram 

I can't budget for a PSU as just those parts bring me to just about my limit 

But I will definitely get an upgrade for the PSU eventually 

2 minutes ago, Deathsingx10 said:

fortunately my psu isn't bad and I trust them 

I wouldn't, they're no-name junk. You really wouldn't need to spend much in order to get something that was decent enough.

[ P R O J E C T _ M E L L I F E R A ]

[ 5900X @4.7GHz PBO2 | X570S Aorus Pro | 32GB GSkill Trident Z 3600MHz CL16 | EK-Quantum Reflection ]
[ ASUS RTX4080 TUF OC @3000MHz | O11D-XL | HardwareLabs GTS and GTX 360mm | XSPC D5 SATA ]

[ TechN / Phanteks G40 Blocks | Corsair AX750 | ROG Swift PG279Q | Q-Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4 ]

P R O J E C T | S A N D W A S P

6900K | RTX2080 | 32GB DDR4-3000 | Custom Loop 

Screenshot_20200629-031621.thumb.png.cece0de273cd477c79b7684ea5edb985.png

4 minutes ago, HM-2 said:

I wouldn't, they're no-name junk. You really wouldn't need to spend much in order to get something that was decent enough.

Till it breaks I have use for it unless you'd like to donate me a better one I'm at my limit by mere pence Screenshot_20200629-031621.thumb.png.cece0de273cd477c79b7684ea5edb985.png

Edited by Deathsingx10