Can't use ProtonDB

Go to solution Solved by kelvinhall05,

I assume you mean Proton. ProtonDB is just a website with some info.

You shouldn't have to "install" Proton, just enable it in Steam settings under Steam Play.

Okay, so I tried to install ProtonDB but I ran into problems on the website. Firefox said "Secure Connection Failed". I was going to go on their Discord and tell them, but their Discord Server link is also dead. So I'm kind of stuck here. I really hate switching back and forth from Windows to Linux, especially now that Windows throttles almost every game meanwhile Linux is like "I'm good".  I just want to play GTA V without lag.

Edit: I am a raft floating in the river of shame. So Proton works, I just ran into one tiny little problem. I got GTA free from Epic Games. And the Epic Games launcher doesn't work with Wine. Shocking I know. So all of this was sort of for nothing. On the bright side, I can play COD and Watch Dogs on Linux now.

Screenshot at 2020-06-24 08-49-34.png

Edited by Ded_X
My stupidity

I assume you mean Proton. ProtonDB is just a website with some info.

You shouldn't have to "install" Proton, just enable it in Steam settings under Steam Play.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

well technically you have to install it, but this is the way. if you do this then it'll install it when you try to install a game that requires it. 

She/Her

ProtonDB doesn't have an app. You just use the website. If your installing anything, its not from ProtonDB itself.

The website is however loading for me with firefox.

Steam Play for Proton Support is enabled with

Steam -> Settings -> Steam Play -> Enable Steam Play for all other titles.

Game Specific settings are enabled under

The Game you want to change -> properties

You can force a specific title to use a specific proton version.

If you want to use something like RADV ACO if you have a AMD Card, you can add it to

Set Launch Options -> RADV_PERFTEST=aco %command%