What to do

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of some upgrades but dont know what to go for so ive decided to ask on here. my pc is already a good speced machine but im wanting to tweak it a little bit but dont know what way to go my specs below

Ryzen 7 3700X

Cooler master aio water cooled

MSI RTX 2080 trio

32 gb corsair vengence pro rgb memory

Asrock x570 phantom gaming 4

250gb samsung evo nvme boot drive

2tb seagte hybrid hdd.

upgrade options.

2tb ssd to replace the hybrid

R9 3900x

bigger water cooler (mines the 120mm)

ROG x570 motherboard

or anything else?

Thanks

1 minute ago, reaperdrb said:

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of some upgrades but dont know what to go for so ive decided to ask on here. my pc is already a good speced machine but im wanting to tweak it a little bit but dont know what way to go my specs below

Ryzen 7 3700X

Cooler master aio water cooled

MSI RTX 2080 trio

32 gb corsair vengence pro rgb memory

Asrock x570 phantom gaming 4

250gb samsung evo nvme boot drive

2tb seagte hybrid hdd.

upgrade options.

2tb ssd to replace the hybrid

R9 3900x

bigger water cooler (mines the 120mm)

ROG x570 motherboard

or anything else?

Thanks

This is a pretty killer system as it stands, unless you're CPU bottlenecked then I'd leave the CPU as it is, and as you already have an x570 chipset motherboard, there's not too much to be gained by upgrading that as far as I can tell. I would recommend the SSD upgrade, I think it's what you would see the best performance gain from. And possibly the AIO too if you're looking for overclocking or if temps are a bit high for your liking.

Main System:

Ryzen 2700X | ASUS STRIX RX 580 8GB | ASUS STRIX B450-F | ADATA GAMMIX ZPG 256GB NVME SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD | Phanteks P400A Black | 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 3200 MHZ (yes I'm an idiot I know) | 6 x DEEPCOOL RF120 | Thermaltake 750W RGB PSU | G502 Proteus Spektrum

@MattFiddaman nope no bottleneck here everything plays no problem I was thinking the SSD is probally the best way to go. as for the cpu and gpu i think ill wait for the Ryzen 4000 and the 30 series cards Cheers :) 

1 minute ago, reaperdrb said:

@MattFiddaman nope no bottleneck here everything plays no problem I was thinking the SSD is probally the best way to go. as for the cpu and gpu i think ill wait for the Ryzen 4000 and the 30 series cards Cheers :) 

Sounds like a good plan 😃glad I could help

Main System:

Ryzen 2700X | ASUS STRIX RX 580 8GB | ASUS STRIX B450-F | ADATA GAMMIX ZPG 256GB NVME SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD | Phanteks P400A Black | 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 3200 MHZ (yes I'm an idiot I know) | 6 x DEEPCOOL RF120 | Thermaltake 750W RGB PSU | G502 Proteus Spektrum

Do you have a reason to upgrade? Because as far as I can tell, of you are having a good experience with the pc, there is no need to change anything. Just dont buy stuff you dont need just because you feel like you have to.

That being said, 120mm AIOs usually suck, so if the temps are not to your liking, just get a better one.

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.